Brought a guitar back from the dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brought a guitar back from the dead.

Last week I saw a cheap plywood guitar lying in a dumpster and me being me, I got it out. It was in terrible shape. The bass side was completely split open and cracked, the bridge was cracked and was dangling from being attached with one wood screw, the other was AWOL. So I took it home and got out my "Construction tix" wood glue, my wood clamps and my duct tape and got to work and here's the result.

This picture shows that the rosette was gone too. But I kinda like the way it makes this guitar look.

The side of the guitar, you can clearly see the seperation line between the back plate and the side, running from the heel all the way down.

And here's the crack in the side.

The Bridge was not salvagable so I shaved it down and used a tailpiece. Clearly visible in this picture is the woodscrew which held the thing in place.

I'll probably give it as a birthday present to my best friend's daughter who always wanted to have a guitar. And this one would be perfect for her since it doesn't matter if it get's damaged.

Interesting ... just don't tell her you got her birthday present out of the trash. :ROTF:
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Working...
    X