Started work on a telecaster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started work on a telecaster.

This week I finally decided to start working on a guitar made from the Cedrella I bought earlier this year. And here's what I'm planning.

I have two pieces of very tightly flamed maple but they are too narrow to use as a book matched top, So I have no choice but to use another piece of maple as a mid section. The guitar will have two seymour duncan classic cover humbuckers and a rear routed construction so it doesn't have a pickguard. It'll have a glued in maple neck with an ebony fingerboard.

Here's the cedrella with the three pieces of maple that'll make up it's three piece maple top

And here's the routing template.

I'll keep you guys informed on how this will progress.

its gonna be a looker, hey when are you going to finish the rest of your projects, i'm curious to see some of them.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Very cool send it to me when you are done and I'll give it a test drive.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

di ti with no dots on the fret board or black dots maybe? how do you get your frets in the right place and spacing?
        no sig.....

Comment

Originally posted by asix View Post
          di ti with no dots on the fret board or black dots maybe? how do you get your frets in the right place and spacing?

Maybe I'll just give it side dots and leave the face open. As for getting the fretspacing right, we have a very cool modified circullar saw which was meant for working on scale model aircraft. We came up with this device which has a template for all the fretslots and all we have to do is put the fingerboard in it and saw the slots.

Comment

Working...
          X