Carvin Strats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Strats

Recently acquired a couple of Carvin bolts. The mahogany one is a kit guitar with ebony board, alder body, C22B and AP11 pickups, and fixed bridge. The sunset burst has a birdseye maple board, reverse headstock, gold hardware, Sperzel locking tuners, Wilkinson vibrato, pearloid pickguard, and C22B and AP11 cream pickups.

These are the best strat copies I've ever played. Action is very low and consistent between the two. Radii on the necks is 12". Nuts are graphite, and with the Wilkinson and Sperzels, everything stays in tune fairly well (not as good as an FR, but much much better than other vintage trems I've used). Necks are supported with dual-action truss rods as well as graphite rods that run through the necks. Electronics and soldering are superb.

Anyway, here's pics:

My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

very nice
    i love the reverse headstock on the sunburst one
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Nice!!! I had a couple of Carvin Bolts in the past myself and although they are great guitars,they just give me gas for Fender Strats!!

Comment

Yeah, I've played my fair share of Fenders. I think the Bolts are superior in every way IMHO.

Comment

The sunburst one is very nice. Congratulations! Carvin´s Bolt shape looks much better with a pickguard IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
            Yeah, I've played my fair share of Fenders. I think the Bolts are superior in every way IMHO.
            The Bolts are definitely good no question,and superior (as you put it) then alot of Fenders, but not all Fenders IMO!
            One thing i like much better on the Fenders is the deeper carved body contours.
            Last edited by Metaled1020; 07-21-2007, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Well, for the price, you can't beat a Carvin. You'd pay an aweful lot for a Fender with a reverse headstock, gold hardware, graphite nut, graphite rods in the neck, birdseye maple board, Wilkinson trem, locking tuners, pearloid guard, etc. Even if you went the Warmoth option, you'd be paying quite a bit more. I agree about the body contours. And I can understand that aesthetically, the bolt may not have the same appeal as a strat. But I think Carvin has somewhat improved on Leo's creation in many ways.

Comment

Working...
              X