I'm On A Strat Kick This Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm On A Strat Kick This Month

Another sight unseen aquisition. My birthday present (August) is on it's way. I would have had it Friday, but UPS lost it (Next Day Air!). I'll have it Monday in one piece I hope.
    I present the Jeff Beck Custom Shop in Surf Green. I'm on the edge of my seat and have bitten off all my nails! I'm bored and I want my new guitar, so I figured I'd post a picture of her here.

Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

very nice. lsr roller nut?
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
      very nice. lsr roller nut?
      Yep, including the Sperzel locking tuners!

I had an '87 Strat Plus that I loved with the LSR Roller nut and Sperzel locking tuners. I loved that guitar. It stayed in tune forever. The only reason I sold it years later was for the 4 piece Alder body it had. It didn't look great with the trans finish.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

That looks great. The Beck strats appeal to me. Love the color, too.

Comment

Now that`s what i call a Birthday present!!!!!!!!
          Congrats and happy B`day!

Comment

Very cool. I have wanted one of those for awhile now but I never seem to find one at the right time. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats...the beck is my favorite strat.

Comment

sweet seafoam JB...
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

I saw that one at WWG. The JB is a killer Strat.
                  Congrats and HBD!!!
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                    sweet seafoam JB...
                    Shawn, it's the lighter "Surf Green"!

I finally got it Monday night. I haven't had a chance to play it much, so hence the lack of a write up. (I'll have one soon) I've been playing it when I get home from work and it's just plain awesome. The Custom Shop version is just extra special. The setup, fret work, everything is excellent right out of the box! It stays in tune, even with the new strings. Every true Strat sound is there and when I want to crank it up, the JB pups kick ass and are dead quiet too!

The Sperzel's are either Chromed or polished aluminum. Stock, the Sperzel's are only available in Satin finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                      Very cool. I have wanted one of those for awhile now but I never seem to find one at the right time. Congrats!
                      Rupe, Yeah, thanks! There are not too many Surf Green CS Beck Strats out there. Usually you find the Oly white ones. I'm not even a fan of Green, but the Surf Green is too cool. Reminds me of a buddy that had a '57 Chevy Belair in 2 tone Surf Green and white. And yeah, this Surf Green was a GM color.

Comment

Bengal I guess if I would have read you initial post I'd would have know its Surf, I just looked at the picture

Surf, Seafoam and Sonic Blue are my favorite Fender colors

that is a sweet strat...the new pictures are col...looks liek a light color of rosewood fretboard?
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

man that is nice!

Comment

A beautiful guitar, and an excellent choice!
                            Strat God Music
                            http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                              Bengal I guess if I would have read you initial post I'd would have know its Surf, I just looked at the picture

Surf, Seafoam and Sonic Blue are my favorite Fender colors

that is a sweet strat...the new pictures are col...looks liek a light color of rosewood fretboard?
                              Yes, the rosewood is very tight grained and light in color. Almost like some old Brazilian boards I used to have.

Thanks guy's for the comments. This guitar is just sweet. With the medium jumbo frets and 1-11/16" nut width it feels very similar to my PC1's just different. I just can't put it down

and from Strat God
                              "A beautiful guitar, and an excellent choice!"

I must have done right!

Comment

Working...
                              X