My new PRS singlecut and a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new PRS singlecut and a question

I got a new PRS Singlecut Satin , it looks great and plays great. It has a wrapover bridge and has 9s on it. I'm planning to change the strings to 10s, will I have any intonation problems? Here are 2 crappy pics

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Sorry for the link I tried to post the image on the board but couldn't do it.
    Last edited by Megadeth79; 07-22-2007, 09:16 AM.

You shouldn`t have any intonation problems if you go with 10`s. Their pretty much made for correct intonation if you use 9`s or 10`s so if you don`t go to 11`s...you should be fine!

Comment

Intonation is for pussies. String it up and rock it out.

Comment

I can't see the headstock clearly. Is that a Korean or USA model?
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

It's a USA model. Singlecut Satin Blue Matteo with Birds inlays.

Comment

Originally posted by 1trussell View Post
            Intonation is for pussies. String it up and rock it out.
            :ROTF: :ROTF: That's funny

Like they said you should be alright.

Comment

Thanks guys .

Comment

typically when you change the gauge of your strings...yes you will have to intonate the guitar. SLight chance that you might have to make a truss rod adjustment as well. You will be putting more tension on the neck with thicker gauge strings. Anyone who tells you different about the intonation and TR adj is just lacking experience

Comment

you cant adjust the intonation on a wrap over tail piece
                  Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                  Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
                    you cant adjust the intonation on a wrap over tail piece
                    Not true!

Look at the pic, see the allen set screws at each end of the tailpiece? These are for adjustment:
                    Maryland-based Manufacturer of Electric Guitars, Acoustic Guitars, and Accessories.

Quote from PRS: "Although it is pre-compensated for modern string gauges, fine-tuning is possible by adjusting the set screws at each end of the bridge. Intonation can be adjusted using the two allen set screws facing the tail end of the guitar. A strobe tuner or other electronic tuning device should be used. Match the octave (fretted) note of the first and sixth strings with their corresponding 12th fret open harmonics by shortening or lengthening the strings with the adjusting screws using the allen wrench provided. Start with the treble side and then go to the bass side, return to the treble side for one last check. The other four strings are present and will intonate correctly provided a conventionally gauged string set with a plain third (G) string is used. "

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                      Not true!

Look at the pic, see the allen set screws at each end of the tailpiece? These are for adjustment:
                      Maryland-based Manufacturer of Electric Guitars, Acoustic Guitars, and Accessories.

Quote from PRS: "Although it is pre-compensated for modern string gauges, fine-tuning is possible by adjusting the set screws at each end of the bridge. Intonation can be adjusted using the two allen set screws facing the tail end of the guitar. A strobe tuner or other electronic tuning device should be used. Match the octave (fretted) note of the first and sixth strings with their corresponding 12th fret open harmonics by shortening or lengthening the strings with the adjusting screws using the allen wrench provided. Start with the treble side and then go to the bass side, return to the treble side for one last check. The other four strings are present and will intonate correctly provided a conventionally gauged string set with a plain third (G) string is used. "
                      I smell sumpin' burning...... y'all smell it?
                      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

That is one sweet PRS...

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                          That is one sweet PRS...
                          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                            Not true!

Thanks for that info did not know that before.

Comment

Went I went to .10's on my single cut, I had to make a very, very slight adjustment to the bridge. I believe I had to go about 1/8th of a turn on the bass side, and a little less than that on the treble.

Comment

Working...
                              X