My custom 7 string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My custom 7 string

A couple of months ago i aquired a new 7 string - made in south of Poland by Malwood - previously Malinek guitars - who were providing some mighty fine axes to some of Polish and Czech rep. deathmetal legends - think Krabathor , Devilyn, That f... up black monsterbass of Novy from Vader (ex-Devylin, Dies Irae) was made by them.

After a long waiting time (had to order the bridge and the pickup separately from two different sources) and some delays on their side it arrived a couple of months ago - since then i touched a 6 string only 4 times - one of them was to restring it :-)

This was my tribute to Dino of Fear Factory ( and it happened to became a wonderful shred-axe)

Specs

Your basic superstrat shape
    Alder body with bookmatched flame maple cap.
    Bolt on
    Neck is 5 pc 2x maple, 2x wenge 1xflamed maple.
    Ebony Fretboard
    HUGE Jumbo frets
    insanely sculpted neck joint

Binding on neck and headstock
    Natural maple binding on body
    Reversed headstock with a matching maple cap (well , Dino you know )

Emg 81-7 in the bridge
    OFR 7
    Schaller straplocks
    Schaller tuning keys (both were added to the order for free by the luthier - how cool is that ? )

now as this thread would be worthless without pics (:-) ) here they are :

The guitar sounds insanely good for really fast playing - very clear and tight which for deathmetal is a good thing, very precise so it works good for stop-start machinegun style riffing.

Still i'm thinking about a 707 in the neck position and sculpting the lower cutaway a wee bit as it hits my wrist when i'm doing some 7 string legato string skipping.

Peace out lads, Hope you'll like it.

ps. I just wanted to add that those are my first pics of any guitar that I've made so they maybe shite in your opinion.
    Last edited by skarhead; 07-23-2007, 08:04 AM.

Looks good. I like it!!
    That headstock looks like a rip from Ibanez.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
      Looks good. I like it!!
      That headstock looks like a rip from Ibanez.
      Well ... he has his own designs (mostly 3+3 and 4+3 ) but that is my tribute axe to Dino Cazares who played exclusively LACS Ibanez guitars - so even tho he didn't want to copy it we made it look similar upon my (stricly mine) request.

So if someone is responsible for it then it was me :-)

Thanks for the compliment ;-)

Comment

Looks great! I have never seen ebony frets though? Did you mean nickel or stainless steel? Congrats
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Custom 7's always give me a woody!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Bengal 65 - my mistake , wanted to write jumbo while I edited my first post and instead it typed in ebony

Sorry for that ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead View Post
              Bengal 65 - my mistake , wanted to write jumbo while I edited my first post and instead it typed in ebony

Sorry for that ;-)
              No problem. I thought it was a typo when I first saw it! Ebony might work with cat gut or nylon stringed guitar though

Very nice instrument! It's good to know a good luthier!
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Looking great, I also like Dino's guitars a lot.
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Thats a sweet looking axe!

Comment

Yeah, that is one sweet guitar.

Comment

Niice. How much did it cost to you ( if you don't mind telling)

Comment

Cool!
                        I love Custom 7's as well.
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Very nice, enjoy her! 7's are too much fun
                          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Congrats, that looks great! I've tried 7-strings a couple times since I picked up playing again 5 years ago, but with my short-ass fingers, my hands literally hurt after playing for a while. Which sucks because I like the idea of it.
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                            X