Carvin Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Guitars

They look very nice. Are they as good as they look? I have never played one. I am looking for a new addition to the family. I love some of the quilt top maple ones

Any input is appreciated.
    "when people say metal, they dont think bling bling they think stainless steel kitchen knife"
    I just made that quote..

Originally posted by Jason slsh View Post
    They look very nice. Are they as good as they look? I have never played one. I am looking for a new addition to the family. I love some of the quilt top maple ones

Any input is appreciated.
    Yes they are great guitars. Good quality, nice necks. You can find great buys on them on ebay. Some people don't like the carvin pickups, but you can swap in others. Here's some pics of a few of mine:

Comment

Those are some nice Carvins you have there Mountaindog.

I'm in the same boat Jason, I'm wantin' a Carvin something fierce.
      It's next on my list of Superstrats, and yes their quilted maple tops are the SHIT!
      Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
      Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

How do you think the CT and DC compare in neck profile and tones?

Comment

I've got this one DC727C and it's taking over as my #1 goto guitar.
          Plays as well as my SL2H soloist.
          the neck on it is just perfect (oiled too)
          I'm having a set of Bareknuckle pickups put in as we speak and an OFR.
          I should have it back either tomorrow or Thursday.
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Well...lets see... The neck is on par with a PRS Private Stock!
            The fit and finish is Jackson USA... only the PUPs lose out slightly..
            great clarity..just not real hot. Carvins are THE BEST bargain out there
            imo. Heres a Claro Walnut Piezo Fishman equiped neck thru i snagged
            for $800 Nothing touches it at this price. (used)
            Now Kmanick's Stunning quilt monster above shows you what PC -1
            $'s will get you!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
              I've got this one DC727C and it's taking over as my #1 goto guitar.
              Plays as well as my SL2H soloist.
              the neck on it is just perfect (oiled too)
              I'm having a set of Bareknuckle pickups put in as we speak and an OFR.
              I should have it back either tomorrow or Thursday.
              **** We need WAY MORE PICS of this one !! Say about 20?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                Well...lets see... The neck is on par with a PRS Private Stock!
                The fit and finish is Jackson USA... only the PUPs lose out slightly..
                great clarity..just not real hot. Carvins are THE BEST bargain out there
                imo. Heres a Claro Walnut Piezo Fishman equiped neck thru i snagged
                for $800 Nothing touches it at this price. (used)
                Now Kmanick's Stunning quilt monster above shows you what PC -1
                $'s will get you!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...MVC-003F-6.jpg
                Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

I have been looking at a brown maple top with chrome H/W or Black..
                  F@cking lovley..
                  "when people say metal, they dont think bling bling they think stainless steel kitchen knife"
                  I just made that quote..

Comment

I love Carvins. I've owned a few, not many but enough to know they oooze quality...

Best thing? Find them used. They don't really hold their value so if you buy used, you can get them pretty cheap...
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                      I love Carvins. I've owned a few, not many but enough to know they oooze quality...

Best thing? Find them used. They don't really hold their value so if you buy used, you can get them pretty cheap...
                      Will Do... Thanks.. I thought as much
                      I just made that quote..

Comment

I'm gasing for one too. Too bad I have to buy a house first
                        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                          **** We need WAY MORE PICS of this one !! Say about 20?
                          well I don't know about 20 but I've got a couple. I bought this one new so I paid full price for it , but I did so because I had very specific specs and Carvin has a 10 day return policy.
                          Ebay doesn't. But this one is going no where, I actually might sell off a couple of my 6's
                          because I hardly ever play them anymore.
                          I can't wait till I get this back with the new pickups

If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Any excuse to show off my 89' DC127 I love it, It's still my main guitar!

Comment

Kmanick,
                              Nice git man. I didn't notice that it's a mahogany neck with a maple cap. Very nice. That top is sick...

Burn,
                              LOVE those older Carvin headstocks. Didn't Jackson threaten to sue them over it?
                              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X