It's Hot! A Hot Pink Suhr That Is!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Hot! A Hot Pink Suhr That Is!!

I just got my custom ordered Suhr in from Matt at Matt's Music. It is fantastic!!
    I know hot pink is not everybody's cup of tea, but it works me.

Here are the specs:

Model: Standard
    Body: Alder
    Neck: Maple\Indian Rose Wood
    Neck Shape: Even C Slim .800 - .880
    Neck Radius: 10" - 14"
    Nut Width: 1.650
    Original FR - Recessed
    Gold Hardware
    Sperzel Tuners
    Neck Pickup: White SSV
    Bridge Pickup: White SSH+
    Color: Hot Pink

Although the color is very hot pink, it looks kind of orange in the picks - hard to capture that color.

Review: I got the guitar Thursday and have been playing it for three days now. I have not found a single flaw or problem of any kind. The finish is perfect, the frets are well dressed - no rough edges, no dead spots, no buzz! The setup is prefect.

This guitar was made to very high quality standards. It has very sturdy feel to it and sounds great (even when not plugged in). The Even C neck has more meat to it than the thinner J/C profile. It plays so sweet.

It comes with a form fitted G&G case that holds the guitar very snug. I don't why J/C cannot get these cases for their guitars. I stuck my Bullseye Charvel into the case and it fit perfectly. The guitar also shipped with a fret protector so the strings would not make dents in the frets - a very nice touch.

All-in-all, this is a well built quality instrument and I certainly recommend Suhr for anyone who is thinking about it. Especially since the price is comparable to ordering a custom J/C anyways. I ordered the guitar in February and got it in July - only 6 months. Sure beat the two year wait for J/C.

A special thanks to Matt for making this happen!
    Last edited by Rufue; 07-30-2007, 09:00 PM.
    Jackson: DK1
    Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

That looks very cool indeed - interesting toggle position, and yeah, you're right that it looks more orange than pink!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

+1.

that guitar just looks awesome.

so killer.

Comment

Damn that thing looks sexy.
        John builds a damned fine axe. Congrats!!
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Very nice color scheme

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
            That looks very cool indeed - interesting toggle position, and yeah, you're right that it looks more orange than pink!
            +1! I really like where you put the volume knob. I really nice touch! Congrats, and thanks for the detailed review
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I have never played one, they seem Charvel like. What are the major differences between that and a similar Charvel? One thing I see is the volume in the right place!
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

wow man thats an awesome guitar !!!!!
                Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

It looks cool, but it isn't pink at all haha.
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I think I'm ill, those pickups remind me of goatse!
                    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Looks like you got a fantastic Charvel ! Only its built twice as good!
                      Enjoy that shred monster!

Comment

Is this a nromal strat body or a soloist style body??? Which ever it is it rocks!!

Comment

I love pink guitars. Well Done.
                          Strat God Music
                          http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                            It looks cool, but it isn't pink at all haha.
                            +1 tho maybe its the lighting...hot pink for me is something different

Comment

"Although the color is very hot pink, it looks kind of orange in the picks - hard to capture that color."- Rufue.

Again, dude, congrats.

i'm still returning to this thread to see it.

classy, loud in a hot way, and only the necessary specs.

enough said.

Comment

Working...
                              X