It's Hot! A Hot Pink Suhr That Is!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paris is burning View Post
    Is this a nromal strat body or a soloist style body??? Which ever it is it rocks!!
    +1

Now, can you please go back to photobucket and rotate the pictures 2 and 5 to the right by 90 degrees? Appreciate it!
    Sam

Comment

Damn, you could light your house with that thing.

Now you just need some Aqua-Net, and you're ready to go...

Comment

So how does the neck profile you picked compare to the Charvel profiles?
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the compliments. I am really enjoying this baby. Anyway, I will try and answer the questions:

The neck is beefier than the Standard Charvel pointy. It reminds me of my '78 Strat, but the radius is flatter. It plays real nice. The fretboard edges are nicely rolled and is comfortable. I think they make a neck profile that is thinner than the one I ordered - so that may be close to the true Charvel feel.

The body seems to be full size. It is not as small as my Dinky, but where the Charvel Strat body is very round at the edges, this body has less rounding and is more Dinky like. The heel is also tapered like a Dinky body, and the lower horn is scalloped in the rear - very easy to play the upper registers on the neck.

The pickup toggle and the volume knob placement worked out well, they are very easy to adjust, and don't get in the way.

I rotated the pics as requested.

This guitar is very Charvel like, probably because that is what it started out being :ROTF:

After the sub-camo fiasco, I pretty much lost confidence in J/Cs ability to get me what I was looking for. So I cancelled the order (It's not like they were working on it anyway.) for the Charvel and moved the specs over to Suhr. I sure (no pun intended) don't regret the decision.
          Jackson: DK1
          Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

Here are the pics that Matt sent me. They show the pink much better!

Jackson: DK1
            Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

thats such a rad guitar.

oh MAN.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufue View Post
                I rotated the pics as requested.
                Nice!! Seems like Ron hasn't seen the thread yet. Else he would have complained about not getting the complete guitar in the shots. :ROTF:
                Sam

Comment

Holy C.C. DeVille!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Holy C.C. DeVille!
                    :ROTF:
                    Sam

Comment

Looks cool. I'm with the "interesting control layout" guys, but if it works... I'm really starting to warm up to Suhr... Maybe some day...

Comment

Originally posted by Rufue View Post
                        Here are the pics that Matt sent me. They show the pink much better!

Cool ax man those are works of ART GREAT guitars! The color still looks more fusha or something other than pink to me. Cool color but when ya said PINK I expected to see something more like mine here

Comment

thats less pink more purpley to me
                          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Great looking guitar, congrats!

Comment

It kinda reminds me of a line of Yamaha RG or RS guitars from the early 90's with the white p'ups and all...

Comment

Very cool guitar!

Stepping out and getting everything you want- including unusual colors- is what custom guitars are all about, right? When you conceive an instrument and the quality and detail live up to your expectations- nothing compares to it!

Overall, my experience is that Suhr quality is exceptional in all respects.
                                GM,
                                www.aftershok.com

Comment

Working...
                                X