Look what $10 buys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what $10 buys.

It's an Electra X175 (Japan). And it works.:ROTF: It's a little rough but who cares. 1983-84
    I am a true ass set to this board.

you could probely make your money back selling the tuners
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

She is a .... beauty?.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Funny you should mention the tuners. They have the 90 degree tongue but the keys aren't San Dimas correct. That was my other one. It was $10, damnit.:ROTF: A good set of strings cost that much.:ROTF:

Comment

Look at the fucking trem block. Did SD's have this? The trem is heavy duty .
          Last edited by fett; 07-29-2007, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Nice score, those Matsumoku made guitars are a real bargain. The pickups were licenced Japanese made Dimarzio fat strats and it came with a graphite nut so it would stay in tune when you use the tremolo. So, you get a lot of quality made stuff for the price.

You should clean it up and put strings on it and plug it in, you may be pleasantly surprised at how it sounds.

Comment

So now that you have reached this "new lo...i Mean , "new plateau...
              doesnt it seem like a waste of good hard earned cash to ever spend
              more than $20 on ANY Axe? Some of your $110
              expensive purchases lately are just not right!

Comment

The last tone is a push-pull. It just needs a washer and a nut. I am sure I can find those somewhere.:ROTF: The body is checked to hell and back. The back of the neck is nice and the frets are waiting for strings. Can someone loan me $10 for strings? BTW, the cheapest electric I bot was $7.

Comment

I'll send ya a pack o strings - PM me your addy
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks Ron, but save them. This broke my $10 guitar balls. 3 spaces up at the fleamarket while I was jawing with my buds a guy comes along and said a seller just put out a whole bucket of vintage strings. By the time I got there they were all gone. I did get a double-neck dulcimer for $7. An acousitic guitar. A POS trumpet. And a MIJ autoharp. And my $10 Electra. All in all, I had a great day.

Comment

Fett you`re killing me
                      But nice guitar for that price though
                      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Vintage Strings??? Yikes!!! Do they come with Vintage Rust?

Somethings you just can't go cheap on. Strings are one of them...
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I had to change all the saddles. Then I strung it up and I will tell you it's the best $10 guitar I ever bought. Seriously, it plays and sounds good.

Comment

Is that guitar in any way related to a Westone?, the horns on the body and the jack plug placement look awfully familiar.

Oh and any chance of a collection photo fett?

Comment

They changed the name to Westone just after this. Around 1984. I'm beginning to really like that body shape. I don't have any one place to put them all together for a group shot. Just imagine a pawnshop.
                              Last edited by fett; 07-30-2007, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X