Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any love here for the "other" Grover Jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any love here for the "other" Grover Jacksons?

I am talking about the 92-97 USA custom shop Washburns. I own 7 currently and these are handmade boutique quality guitars that will sell for NOTHING on ebay most of the time. IMO these are more Jacksons than the current Fender corperate owned Jackson USA guitars are.
    Here is my stable of these guitars

1997 Stevie Salas neck through

Left to right both from 1994 a one off "shop " handbuild and a LS 93 Silverado

My 1995 MG collection left to right
    Swamp Ash MG 102, Swamp Ash MG 100 Quilt Maple over Mahogany MG 120 and 122

Close up of the killer one piece Swamp Ash bodied MG 102

The "production MG 120 and the Prototype one off

Here is an add from 1994 on the "New Washburn" USA.
    This set up only lasted from 1992-early 1997 and there were only a small handfull of these USA Jackson creations built.

Comment

Does the 1st have a non-recessed Floyd?
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
        Does the 1st have a non-recessed Floyd?
        Nope it is a recessed Washburn labled Shaller.

Comment

Hey Ascension, I've seen you on the Washburn board also just haven't introduced myself there yet.

Anyway, I just picked up a cherry MG-120 with case for CHEAP!
          I'm really like'n this axe for everything it is.
          First guitar I've had with locking tuners and I think I like'm.
          Mine came with a Pearly Gates in the bridge instead of a JB which from reading the options list was a later year change.

Your 120 is freakin' gorgeous by the way....hell they all are!

You shouldn't tell everyone how good a bargain these are, now we'll have to fight to get that sub $350 price!

I'll post some pics of my 120 and some others I've picked up recently later this week.
          Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
          Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Here's a look at my two USA Washburn Jacksons: An MG on the top and a Stevie Salas on the bottom

Comment

Nice stuff - I've been kind of tempted by those myself!
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
                Here's a look at my two USA Washburn Jacksons: An MG on the top and a Stevie Salas on the bottom

Does your Salas have an oil finished neck? The one I have is the only USA Salas I have ever seen untill that one. These are so scarce that there is no info in the Washburn archives on them. What are the single coil sized Duncan buckers in these Cool Rails?

Comment

When I got the Salas, the paint on the neck was all chipped, so I just removed the neck finish. The maple under the finish is nice and smooth, but they put a huge layer of finish on it. I think if I strip the whole guitar, the maple top would be much more prominent. The pickups are Dimarzio SD/Fender Single/Cool Rails right now. I traded a used Ibanez RG321 for this, so I think I got the better of the deal.

Comment

When I got the Salas, the paint on the neck was all chipped, so I just removed the neck finish. The maple under the finish is nice and smooth, but they put a huge layer of finish on it. I think if I strip the whole guitar, the maple top would be much more prominent. The pickups are Dimarzio SD/Fender Single/Cool Rails right now. I traded a used Ibanez RG321 for this, so I think I got the better of the deal.
                    Those are REALLY rare guitars and at some point may well be pretty collectable. That little Shop Grover put together with a bunch of guys he brought over from Charvell Jackson and a few more he snagged from Hamer only lasted about 4 years. At some point you would think the handfull of guitars they made would be really collectable as there were VERY few of the USA's built!!
                    Think hard about modding it too much!!

Comment

I'm not gonna strip it - actually, it's in the classifieds. It has the best neck though.

Comment

I'm not gonna strip it - actually, it's in the classifieds. It has the best neck though.
                        For sale ? PM me on how much !

Comment

No. Newbies can't buy or sell.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            No. Newbies can't buy or sell.
                            Got well over 80 ebay feedbacks and a bunch more transactions from the Gear Page the Seymore Duncan Forum ect. I can just take it to a PM and then off this forum if I'm interested no big deal .

Comment

Are all the grover jackson designed ones US made?

Comment

Working...
                              X