Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibenhad ? I dont think So !! The best Ibanez iver ever played

ive ever played! They say this is a 25.5 scale, but its so "loose" and
    easy to bend that im wondering if this isnt what a 24.5 scale plays like?
    Butta! I got this off of evilbay for $1150, and upon opening up
    the great JCraft case, i was amazed that its dead mint. Absolutely
    in unplayed mint condition. Im happy to add this unique Jem to my
    stable. What do you think?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rrent=bod2.jpg

Another pic...for some reason ive lost the ability to do multiple pics...
    just cant seem to make it work after Photobucket changed a few things
    with how it "Cuts" or Copies" now? Anyway... In da house!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...urrent=bod.jpg

Comment

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nt=backbod.jpg

Comment

And this is my first "Walnut" fretboard. You would think it would be exactly like rosewood, but its very different. Me likey

Comment

Pretty Cool Man! I have been considering getting an Ibanez myself. Is the neck very wide? It looks pretty wide in the pics.
          Jackson: DK1
          Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            And this is my first "Walnut" fretboard. You would think it would be exactly like rosewood, but its very different. Me likey
            Robert,
            Where did you read that it was a walnut fretboard?

Here are the specs. Rosewood fretboard...
            http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/rg20051.htm

Those are pretty cool. I don't think they will command the cash that PMC's and GMC's do, but cool just the same...
            Last edited by Bengal; 08-01-2007, 08:26 PM.
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with owning an Ibanez!! I currently own two a 7621 7 string and a 2004 Prestige Artist AR 2000. The Artist is absolutely STUNNING the top looks like is a foot deep and there is no way to convey the impact of this thing in person onto a photo. It has quite simply the best 3D effect flame top I have ever seen on ANYTHING!!!
              Here is the Artist

Comment

Ashamed of owning an Ibanez? Never! I'll always own one in my stable. Nice grab!
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                  Robert,
                  Where did you read that it was a walnut fretboard?

Here are the specs. Rosewood fretboard...
                  http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/rg20051.htm

Those are pretty cool. I don't think they will command the cash that PMC's and GMC's do, but cool just the same...
                  ** I know what your saying...but ive read 2 different explanations
                  on Ibanez Forever, and the Jemsite that states its "Walnut". And it
                  looks completely different from my Rosewood boards?

Comment

Originally posted by Rufue View Post
                    Pretty Cool Man! I have been considering getting an Ibanez myself. Is the neck very wide? It looks pretty wide in the pics.
                    Its at least a 1 and 11/16's but i think its a 1 and 3/4" !

Comment

Robert,
                      I would guess they are Rosewood. I've never heard of any guitar company using walnut as a fretboard material. Looking at your pics, it looks like rosewood to me. They have been using lighter rosewood then before. My 91 is quite darker than my 99. So maybe that's it...

Ascension,
                      That top is very stunning! I love those models. Never had one but drooled over them for quite some time. Nice one!

Comment

Congrats on a killer axe!

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                          Robert,
                          I would guess they are Rosewood. I've never heard of any guitar company using walnut as a fretboard material. Looking at your pics, it looks like rosewood to me. They have been using lighter rosewood then before. My 91 is quite darker than my 99. So maybe that's it...

Ascension,
                          That top is very stunning! I love those models. Never had one but drooled over them for quite some time. Nice one!
                          Thanks Bengal...now i see it...Maple/Walnut neck...ROsewood board.
                          See? Your the king o' Knowledge! (well...your NO MountainDog!
                          But 2nd maybe!

Comment

Robert,
                            Mountain Dog does have vast knowledge. I do bow down to him...

I might have been wrong. These may very well command a very nice price someday. Hell PMC's and GMC's are going from 3-5K now so who knows? I'd keep it in the best shape I could. Swap out those pickups so you don't scratch any paint off. But you just might have a nice little chunk of change sitting there...

Comment

Bengal...thanks for the props, I hold your knowledge in high regard too!

A co-worker got one of the Ibanez swirls and I saw it briefly in person. I think the pickup is molded in swirl, not painted.

Robert, do they looked molded in swirl or painted to you?

Comment

Working...
                              X