Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of 70's strat

Quick question.

I'm in the process of acquiring a late 70's Fender Strat. It looks to be all original and practically unplayed. What do you guys think the resale value is? Yes I know, however much people are willing to pay for it. How about an approximate range?

Thanks in advance.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Is it one of those bullet trussrod and the neck that only has 3 bolts to hold it in place ones?
    Give us pics so we can all go "Ahhh, Hmmmm, yeassssss, it's worth £0.50" etc.
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

There is some range of value within the 1970s. What year is it?
      Last edited by Riscchip; 08-04-2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
        Is it one of those bullet trussrod and the neck that only has 3 bolts to hold it in place ones?
        Yes it is. With a big headstock.

Originally posted by shobet View Post
        Give us pics so we can all go "Ahhh, Hmmmm, yeassssss, it's worth £0.50" etc.
        Thanks Shob, very helpful.

Actually I have no pics at the moment, but I feel like being a pic nazi, so "No pics for you!"

Originally posted by Riscchip View Post
        There is some range of value within the 1970s. What year is it?
        I'm not exactly sure, but based on what I know, probably 77 to 79.
        Last edited by levantin; 08-05-2007, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
          probably 77 to 79.
          I figure around 1250 EUR.. the late 70 ones are still low compared to the early 70 ones which fetch over here + 3000 EUR easily

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
            Yes it is. With a big headstock.

Thanks Shob, very helpful.

Actually I have no pics at the moment, but I feel like being a pic nazi, so No pics for you!

I'm not exactly sure, but based on what I know, probably 77 to 79.

That was my guess and I was gonna post it. Seriously.
            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I sold my 79(natural finish, maple fretboard, black pickguard...weighed 200lbs) on ebay 6months ago...it was a true player..with fretware, dings, scratches...but all original and I got 1000 bucks...but I have seen others go for much higher..and others for much less

Comment

Thanks all. I'll post some pics when I get it, probably in a few weeks.

Comment

The one I tried weighed a fucking tonne! Good luck with your back problem
                  Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

These are going up and up. There was one here locally that sold for $1500. It was a '79 in 3 tone sunburst (well, Fenders 3 tone at the time which was Black-Red-Yellow) and it was a hardtail. Weighed about 12 pounds...

It's the normal cycle of things. The older they get, the more they go for...

I personally LOVE the big headstocks of the 70's...
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I think they were using Northern Hard Ash for the bodies then. Hence, the weight. My '83 USA standard Strat weighed in heavily.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

When you get it, take it all apart and determine whether the "Numbers Match". Fender guitar values are all about the "Numbers".
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

many years ago..in '82, I had a guy in another local road band play my modded strat. I had a Warmoth neck. He was a good player, used Les Pauls but my northern ash Strat weighed in at 13+lbs.

"keep the neck, get rid of that body"

AS far as value.. many factors involved there. Color, pickups, # of screws.. the whole bit. Anywhere from 700-1500 is a good guess.

Comment

A lot of things could affect the potential value. Is it a custom color, an Annivesary model, hardtail, etc.? Certainly any mods and the overall condition are considerations.
                            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                            X