Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LP special faded with crooked trussrod!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP special faded with crooked trussrod!!!

I bought one of those faded Les Paul specials. I really dig it.
    double cutaway, two soapbar singlecoils, "faded" paintjob is cool, slim body.
    The kicker for me was that it was under seven hundred dollars for a USA gibson.
    Well, I've had it for a little over a year and now the truss rod is crooked!
    I don't fully understand the inner workings of the trussrod, but I have adjusted them plenty of times on many different guitars and have never seen this before.
    It is still totally functional, lefty loosey, righty tighty, but it is about 15 to 20 degrees slanted toward the low e string. It makes getting the socket onto the nut a bit difficult, but it still works properly.

does anyone know anything about this issue. Is there a fix?

nandrewjackson.

It would mean taking the fingerboard off.If it works fine I'd leave it alone.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Oh no...

Where's Jeff? He'll be chiming in pretty soon, I'm sure...
      Last edited by Bengal; 08-05-2007, 09:50 PM.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

stew mac sells a tool, that fixes stripped trussrod. it works by removing wood so you can get to a decent section of the threads. what i think you could do, is use the tool to make the hole bigger so you could have an easier time adjusting the trust rod.
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

And in 5, four, three, 2 and one....
          AHAHAAAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA AAHAHAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAA...{big deep breathe}.....HAHHHHAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH. No shit really! HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAA AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAA AHAHAHAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's Gibbo for you! Only a Gibson GOOD ENOUGH! HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA

Send it in for warranty. They should replace it for you. Seriously.

Comment

I go with Jeff send it back to Gibson and get it fixed.Its a real pain in the ass to remove a fretboard.

Comment

I thought perhaps the fretboard would have to come off to get to the trussrod. I'll probably try to contact Gibson.
              Oh well, my SL2H is still rockin hard !!
              thanks,
              nandrewjackson

Comment

UPDATE

I contacted Gibson and they told me that since I bought the guitar used there is no warranty available. But they were nice enough to let me know that I should use a Gibson authorized repair shop to have it fixed. Hell, I might try it myself.
                A good friend of mine, the singer in my band actually, is quite a good carpenter. I'm gonna talk with him about it and see what we can do.

nandrewj

Comment

Ugh..that sounds like:
                  "My Dad's a TV repairman. He's got an awesome set of tools. I can fixed it"
                  -Jeff Spicoli

You might want to walk it into a good repair shop and give them a look see before.

Comment

Carpenter... did you say carpenter!?!
                    Just set a match to it now.

Let a qualified LUTHIER fix it. Carpenters bang on shit with a hammer.
                    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
                      Ugh..that sounds like:
                      "My Dad's a TV repairman. He's got an awesome set of tools. I can fixed it"
                      -Jeff Spicoli

You might want to walk it into a good repair shop and give them a look see before.

That's great!!

Good advice too, BTW...

Comment

rsguitarworks.net they are Gibson gurus and can fix anything.They are not cheap just the best.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                          what i think you could do, is use the tool to make the hole bigger so you could have an easier time
                          That's what she said

Comment

The problem you run into here is one of my big beefs with Gibson. I run into tons of brainwashed dolts with Slash-Page-Zakk-Sig syndrome on the brain. They're all like Gibson is awesome! I see something totally different.

That is a $800-$1000(?) guitar that's really only worth $400 new anyway. Now you have to go and remanufacture a totally retarded problem that never should have occurred in the first place....WTF....really!

You need to get on the phone with those clowns. Ask them if Gibson Repair and Restoration shop can give you a special rate to fix it. I don't care how they justify not warrantying it. I'll let you in on a secret 75% of the time they won't warranty a defect under the conditions stated in the warranty. Guitars sit in stacks there for months before they even open the shipping boxes.

Your guitar has a completely retarded defect. I would turn up some head on somebody. Only a Gibson is good enough..except when the truss rod is a goofed.
                            Last edited by Jeff Albertson; 08-08-2007, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
                              I would turn up some head on somebody.
                              Uhhh, okay... You do what you gotta do, man. We can hang out and all, but I'm not going to the gym with you any more. :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X