No announcement yet.

I'll never play in tune again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Yoda, what'd you do to that poor neck? It looks like you might've taken some chunks out of the 12th and 15th frets when yanking the wire?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
      Hey Yoda, what'd you do to that poor neck? It looks like you might've taken some chunks out of the 12th and 15th frets when yanking the wire?
      Those pliers out of the discount bin at the Ace Hardware are apparently not the proper tool. :ROTF:
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I think the guy was informing you of locking tuners adn the kahler style behind the nut lock, of both i'm sure you are familiar with....

looks cool like the body style...

Comment

When I took the frets off my strat I used a small screwdriver and a hammer - just used the screwdriver as a chisel effectively. Some people suggest heating them up with a soldering iron first but I am way too impatient for that. It took me all of 15 minutes to knock the frets out

Comment

You should almost get violin type effects with that sustainer on there in combination with the fretless board! Cool!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

b y e
              Last edited by j4vice; 08-10-2007, 02:17 PM.
              JvicE

Comment

Great idea and concept! Never played a fretless guitar before, though have tried my hand at violin.

You're going to attract some cats in heat, that's for sure....
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

It's really not that hard at all when you have "fret" lines to use as a reference. Playing without the lines and trying to bow properly is what makes a violin so difficult

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                    It's really not that hard at all when you have "fret" lines to use as a reference. Playing without the lines and trying to bow properly is what makes a violin so difficult
                    Playing a fretless guitar is hard as shit. It's almost impossible to play a freakin' open E chord
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Sir that looks sweet!!!
                      Love the look of that top

I have a similarly wooded axe ...fretted and just zebra though.
                      Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                        Playing a fretless guitar is hard as shit. It's almost impossible to play a freakin' open E chord
                        Ah well I cheat and don't ever play chords on it - I just say that it IS impossible so I don't even try.

Comment

Vai has a dbl-neck JEM and the upper is a fretless - 6 string. No chords though.

check-out . . .

but hippietim's is the best of all!!!

And then there's the 2006 FRET-LESS GUITAR FESTIVAL . . .

Last edited by j4vice; 08-14-2007, 04:05 PM.
                          JvicE

Comment

Working...
                          X