• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larz View Post
    I like the strat in the backround sitting in the laundry basket
    Lol that's my other half's ebay stock!
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

The sign of a well played guitar.
      One of the best neck heel designs I've ever played.
      I like better than the AANJ.

You can see where my thumb has worn the paint off the neck plate over the last 20 years.
      -Rick

Comment

Rick,
        You need to find a 520QS. H-H and Mahogany. Tasty...

I had a 1994-ish RG420, 2 hums and a basswood body but it had the Lo-TRS trem. It's an OK trem but I'm an Edge guy...

The Neckplate on my 560 looks just like that. I remember someone on jemsite taking some kind of stripper to his plate and turning it all to a bright shinny chrome, like the worn spot of yours. I need to find what he used. I'd like to do that to my 560...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

The 520QS is nice... I've played one before. GREAT TONE!
          Just couldn't hang with the newer neck design.

As for polishing up the neck plate, I though about it, but I'm just gonna let it be for now.
          You don't need any stripper for it.
          Just get a buffer and some polishing compound and have at it.
          The finish is pretty thin.
          -Rick

Comment

Rick,
            That's all you need? That's do-able...

But it also takes away some of the cool relic-ing going on with these. So I don't think I'll do that either...

I really wouldn't if I was the original owner, like you and your 560...

Comment

I love the way the neckplates age like that. Have you tried any of the S series ones?

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Yep... gives it character.
                Along with the chipped paint on the bottom when my strap came unhooked, the chipped paint on the headstock from a ceiling fan (don't ask) and the worn finish on the volume knob.
                Did you know those suckers are solid brass?!?
                -Rick

Comment

S series are too skinny for me. Didn't like the smooshed bodies.
                  -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    Yep... gives it character.
                    Along with the chipped paint on the bottom when my strap came unhooked, the chipped paint on the headstock from a ceiling fan (don't ask) and the worn finish on the volume knob.
                    Did you know those suckers are solid brass?!?
                    What's Solid Brass? The volume knob? Or the ceiling fan???

HA! I figured the old knobs were made of something heavy. They weigh a ton...

I like S's. Not as much as RG's. But if I find an older S for stupid cheap, I'll buy them. I usually end up selling or trading them sometime in the future due to the small body but they are cool. And mahogany. I love mahogany...

Comment

LOL... the knobs are powder coated brass.
                      The ceiling fan "was" made of wood... before the headstock took it out.
                      Never play rock star in your living room when there are ceiling fans running.
                      -Rick

Comment

Well Bengal I've had a play with the FRED, once I finished rewiring it as whoever put it in needed shooting!
                        It's sounds warmer and a bit thicker than the stock V2 in the other 2 RGs. I don't think there's much in it output wise. I'm only running it through a FloorPod so I can't tell you what it sounds like cranked up through and amp. Your ears will probably hear it differently but I like it so far.

Comment

Does it sound like a beefier PAF Pro? Kinda sounds like it from your description...

Comment

Yeah that probably describes it the best. My ears aren't what they used to be though!

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                              The sign of a well played guitar.
                              One of the best neck heel designs I've ever played.
                              I like better than the AANJ.

You can see where my thumb has worn the paint off the neck plate over the last 20 years.
                              That is a great heel/neck route! Wish my 2 Ibanez's had that. Very nice

Comment

I had a white sumbitch a long time ago. Really light and "brite" tone..they sound and play nice.
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X