Anyone played a Jimmie Vaughan Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone played a Jimmie Vaughan Strat?

I'm looking to get a Strat, and of all the ones I've played, I kinda like the V neck models best. I've heard lots of good stuff about the Jimmie Vaughan sig model, but I can't find one locally to try out. Can anyone compare the neck shape to anything else? For reference, I have a KV2, Epi LP, BCR Gunslinger, Dean MIK V and ML, and a Ovation LX acoustic. THe Ovation is the only one with a V neck, but it's pretty thick, and a harder V then any of the Strats I've played. Actually I really dislike that neck, so hopefully the JV's aren't like that! Any other opinions about the JV's are welcome too!

Thanks!
    Pat

The JV `s are great guitars and although they are a V neck,it`s a subtle V IMO,very comfortable!!!! I`m sure you would be very happy with that purchase!!!

Comment

Thanks Metaled1020! Do they compare to any of the other Fender V necks? 50's, 50's player, or American V neck? I liked all of those (the USA best, go figure).

Comment

I believe so......i would say like the 50`s and Am. V`s! The Classic Players 50`s (mim) with the V neck is a little different IMO,more like a V at the first few frets then basically a C the rest of the way down. If you like the American V neck you`ll like the JV`s!!!!

Comment

That helps a lot! Thanks!

Comment

I've got one and love the neck! Go for it. Good pickups too.
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by mccullpl View Post
              That helps a lot! Thanks!
              No problem!

Comment

A shop here has one. they look nice, have a cool, subtle V-shaped neck and really good pickups. If blues and classic rock are your thing go for it! That said, at higher gain levels I found the pickups to be a bit buzzier then normal, but nothing too bad.

Comment

I really need a guitar with single coils for some of the stuff my band is doing, but I'll definitely put it down for the Slayer and Death, Hahaha! Sounds like I really need to find one to play.

Thanks!

Comment

They are really comfy for a V neck, a real good choice.Pickups in the JV are the big draw for me, they IMO are the best sounding strats going.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Would you guys say it's a big, chunky neck, or slimmer feeling than say, a HWY 1 or MIM standard strat?

Comment

In between. It's certainly not slimmer than a HWY1 or MIM. But it's not a baseball bat either like the SRV, or worse, the Hot Rod '62. That thing is ridiculous!
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

JVs come with the Tex Mex pups, right?
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Right and they sound great.I put an RSguitarworks upgrade kit in mine and wired it so the tone control works on the bridge pickup and not on the middle and she sounds crystal clear.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                            X