Custom Dreams Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Dreams Guitars

Has anyone heard about or seen these guitars? They say Custom Dreams on the headstock. They look a lot like Charvel as far as body and headstock shape. Just curious.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

If I remember correctly, they were put together from aftermarket parts in New Jersey - Snake from Skid Row had one....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

There was a thread here about them once..I though they were made by Kramer

Comment

Not made my Kramer, but I think they used the same artist-Dennis Klien to do their graphic guitars.
        Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Custom Dreams guitars were built and sold by Garden State Music in Toms River, NJ. Snake and Rachel from Skid Row were actual salesmen at this store. Many of the graphics were painted by Dennis Kline who also did the graphics for Kramer guitars. Famous Custom Dreams guitars were Sabo's "snake" graphic guitar and Zakk Wylde's shattered glass graphic.

Essentially they sold guitar parts that you could buy separately or you could buy the whole guitar. The real attraction was the Kline graphics.

Comment

are they still in buisness?
            anyone have a link to their site?
            My Guitars
            Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
            Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
            Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
            Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
            Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
            Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
            Kramer Vanguard S-440S
            Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
            Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
            Kramer F-1000 (Black)
            Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

Originally posted by Shwayman11 View Post
              are they still in buisness?
              anyone have a link to their site?
              They went out of business in the late 80's. I actually had one for a while with a Marilyn Monroe graphic (like Jeff LaBar's Kramer) and it was a killer guitar. I bought mine at Hollowood Music in Pittsburgh in '87 I believe. I was told by them that these were esentially San Dimas Charvel clones (US Charvels were no more by then) and I must say they felt identical to me...they even had the San Dimas style cavity route. The headstock was also spot on Charvel.

Here is the only remaining pic that I have of mine:

This guitar was stolen in '88 in State College, PA and never recovered. If anyone sees it, please let me know!!! I'll make it worth your while

Hey MikeStrat, what brought this up???

Comment

What brought this up was a friend of mine plays in a local 80's tribute band and he has a few of these guitars. I haven't really had a chance to ask him about the guitars but I thought somebody here would have some info. They just look like cool Charvel like guitars with custom graphics that you wouldn't see on a Charvel.

He doesn't have that MM guitar. Interesting story behind these.
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                X