Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought the most unforgiving electric guitar you can get.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought the most unforgiving electric guitar you can get.

This is my brand spanking new Squier Standard Telecaster in Candy Apple Red. And like I said this is a really unforgiving guitar. Certainly a challange when you're used to playing a green ESP Horizon with jumbo frets, humbuckers and a Floyd Rose.

Because of its spikey bright sound you hear every single mistake so if you want to sound good on a tele you'd better start to play good. And now in the fourth day of owning it I am starting to tame this beast, I already found out that those two low output single coils are far more versatile than I originally thought. This thing can really rock, when I took it to rehearsal yesterday everybody in the band laughed at me but as soon as we played they went silent, this tele's natural harsh spikey sounding bridge pickup cuts right through the mix and when rolling the tone pot up I actually got a really nice growl but it doesn't cover things up, NOT AT ALL!

So here I am trying to tame the humble Telecaster and already having it kick my ass a couple of times. But it's okay, I'll be the one who benifits the most of all of this.
    Last edited by Blazer; 08-27-2007, 07:50 PM.

Which amp are you playing it through?
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

A London City Bulldog, 100 watts full tube. Made for the Dutch market only. It's basically a copy of the Marshall JCM 900. Sounds really good.

Comment

It took me a long time to like the Tele. Then I finally got one and I began to like it. Then I got another one with a H in the neck with coil tap. Nice. Tele=good.
        My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

I played a Hamer version recently that was a great guitar. No problem at all.

I had a Fender Strat Squire that also for the money was a great guitar. Might be just a matter of adjusting to a new guitar.

You'll get use to it I'm sure. And if it is a little harder to play it will improve you as a player. I keep a number of guitars around so that I stay use to playing ones with different necks and various string heights.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I LOVE teles... I should always have one...but I don't...

Comment

The Telecaster is an honest guitar, no doubt about it. You can't be "close enough" on a Tele, you need to know it
              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Never had a telecaster but have always wonted one..... Hmm maybe I should get one you think.

Comment

I don't get all this about the Tele being hard to play or unforgiving.

not my exp at all, and I've had my Tele for 23 years.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
                    I played a Hamer version recently that was a great guitar. No problem at all.

I had a Fender Strat Squire that also for the money was a great guitar. Might be just a matter of adjusting to a new guitar.

You'll get use to it I'm sure. And if it is a little harder to play it will improve you as a player. I keep a number of guitars around so that I stay use to playing ones with different necks and various string heights.

That Hamer Tele would be a T-51 if it was a USA made one and top notch, way better than a Fender. If it was an Import Hamer and made in Korea, still a best buy used as all Hamer Korean made guitars were.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                      I don't get all this about the Tele being hard to play or unforgiving.

not my exp at all, and I've had my Tele for 23 years.
                      I'm with you. It's just a guitar.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Good purchase Tim, Tele's rock! I have 3 of them now and the necks feel very similar to my newer Charvels. Slap a Dimarzio Chopper-T in that bad boy and you have a truly versatile guitar. Everything from chickin-pickin to metal.

My 3 Tele's in action:

Comment

I hate chicken pickin Tele's, but I suck too, so it's probably for the best

Comment

Teles are no harder to play than Strats IMO. Single coil pickups will make you play cleaner but that's just good for you.

The only "Tele" I own is a JB Player copy that has an HSS pickup config. Nice guitar for a cheapo Korean model. It's an older one with the correct headstock shape, which is why I got it. Hey, it was only $100, what did I have to lose? It has a tap for the bridge humbucker; nice little beater.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                              I hate chicken pickin Tele's, but I suck too, so it's probably for the best
                              Some of the most unbelievable players I've ever heard are Tele players.....Albert Lee, Danny Gatton, Brent Mason.

Comment

Working...
                              X