No announcement yet.

Cheaper than a night of drinking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are really good guitars. I may have to get off my ass and go to GC to get strings. However, if Floyd Rose decides to chuck the concept, that's going to make the Redmonds real cheap and muddy his name.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Let's see you find a film for your old Kodak disk camera. Good luck. Eventually, this Speedloader trem will go the same way.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Thank God, I didn't buy a Redmond. My DST3 was $129.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
          When you get the guitar, you will see. I have one.
          Oh, I see how they go in the trem now.
          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Thank me very much.:ROTF: I'm not as dumb as I post.

Comment

I'm sure you will still be able to get strings, but it won't be as easy as going over to guitar center and buying them. You'll have to order them and I'll bet that eventually you will only get them from Floyd Rose.
              Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by krimson View Post
                I'm sure you will still be able to get strings, but it won't be as easy as going over to guitar center and buying them. You'll have to order them and I'll bet that eventually you will only get them from Floyd Rose.

At $25 a set. :ROTF:
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Those assholes at MF refunded my money, probably never even had one for that price. I think they put up those deals so you'll buy other stuff with your order and then refund you and get the sale on the other stuff. This happened before, bait and switch.
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

They had a bunch of them in different pickup configs and also fixed and floating speedloaders, at $149

Comment

I have seen those Floyd Rose guitars and thought they looked cheap.
                      Now tell me how do they play and sound? I have always wondered.

keep staring I'll do a trick.

Comment

actually you can use "normal" fender bullet strings with a normal toplock with these trems (I tried just for giggles, I went back to the speedloader nut because it just works great but I wanted to know just in the case the strings would be discontinued)

Comment

How did you increase the tension? Did you still have tuners?

As for how they play and sound, they could definately use better pickups but the Trem stays in tune and plays really nice. It's got Jumbo frets and the neck has a nice Satin, "unfinished" feel. It is well worth the $149 I paid. I used for a gig a couple of weeks ago and my only issue was that I couldn't get a clean enough sound out of it. I normally play a PRS and I love the Coil Taped Straty sound that I get from Position 2 and 4 on the rotary switch. I tried to coil tap the neck pickup on this one, but it only has two wires so it can't be split.
                          Last edited by krimson; 08-30-2007, 03:20 PM.
                          Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

yeah it still had the tuners, I installed in on this guitar which used to have a "normal "floyd so i was able to tune it

Fotoafdrukken online bestellen en laten bezorgen. Bij Pixum kun je jouw foto afdrukken in verschillende formaten, op hoogwaardig en duurzaam fotopapier. Foto's bestellen in de beste kwaliteit doe je bij Pixum.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                              I have seen those Floyd Rose guitars and thought they looked cheap.
                              They are! They're made in China! Bah! Boycott communist empires!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I bought one for $149 and thought THAT was a stupid deal. Really decent guitar for the money (with a pickup upgrade)......and there is no worry factor since i was a buck fifty! And yes....they are China guitars ......

Comment

Working...
                                X