Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of my BC Rich style guitars is nearing completion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my BC Rich style guitars is nearing completion.

It'll have a bolt on Fender style neck, a Duncan JB humbucker and I'll finish it in Gun stock oil. It'll be simple and cool.

neat!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

A couple of pictures from the asembly.

The body in gun stock oil.

The body with the neck and pickup in place for the photo. I had yet to screw them in. but it gives a good indication on how the finished guitar ended up looking.

The guitar asembled and during the placing of the bridge I discovered that the Schaller bridge I wanted to use didn't fit the posts, so I ended up using a Gotoh wrap around instead. I have yet to wire up the coil tap switch which will be in the vacant hole.

As for how it sounds, it's a rock monster of course, it sounds really harsh and raw.

Comment

I want to see the final pic :p
        State of Emergency
        http://www.myspace.com/stateofemergencysoe
        Personal Myspace
        http://www.myspace.com/hansoe

Comment

No disrespect, but what's so BCR-style about it?
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

+1

Comment

Well today I did a LOT of work on the guitar and a couple of others from the bunch.

The first guitar completely finished.

a close up of the body. The maple Medalion is there to cover up the slot meant for trussrod adjustment but because the new neck has the truss rod adjuster at the headstock It's no longer needed.

The back of the guitar showing the recessed boltwashers, the plugged battery compartiment and the birds eye maple neck.

Comment

Remember that one where I forgot to photograph the front? I started work on that one too. I sawed out the middle piece and decided to try my hand at a neck-though body.

The body halves and the neck section. The rough scetches show what will be where once the guitar is done.

Sawing the angle of the headstock before I glue it all together

And clamping the whole thing in place.

Comment

Of course when making a neck through body guitar you need to have an angle on where the body will be too. Here's where I sawed, glued and clamped it.

Finally, I worked on the twin body of the first guitar. But I made just a little different from the first one.

The Alembic style point just after I sawed it out.

And here it is after carving it.

Comment

that reminds me more of a spector or warwick bass than a bc rich

Comment

Well I did some work on the one with the through neck construction which proves to be a difficult cookie to swallow.

The neck/midpart just after I routed it out.

And here it is with the sides, for the picture

And here it is after some sanding, looks much neater than with all the saw marks.

and to close it all off here's the back of the guitar.

At the moment of writing, I've clamped the sides on and am waiting for the glue to dry....

Comment

Working...
                      X