Ibanez JS1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez JS1200

I played one of the lower end models the other day and was quite surprised by the Dimarzio designed Ibanez pups.Is the 1200 that much better. What's your opinions on this series.
    The model I played was a beautful red and he'd let me have it for $650.00 out the door but that's not including case. Lists around 999.00 I think.
    What do ya think? is this a good deal or should I opt for the 1000 or 1200?

The 1000's and 1200's are made in Japan. The others are Korea. Japanese ones have better trems than the Korean counterparts. The 1000's have real Dimarzios too...

The price you quoted is rather high, if it's a JS100, which it sounds like. I would think they should sell in the 300-400 range. I think MIJ JS's can be had for about $800. I would just take an extra hundred or so and buy the MIJ one. But that's me...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

the 100 sells for $699 @ Mfriend & lists @ 933.00
      any opinions out there on the 100,1000 or 1200 ?
      Last edited by Outlander; 09-04-2007, 10:12 PM.

Comment

1 other feature the 1000's have that the 100's don't. 1000's come with a coil tap for both hums and a high pass filter. 100's don't...

Like I said, I'd spend the extra to get a used 1000. They will always sell for more. More desirable. Now if your into the older Edges over the Edge Pro, go grab an older 1000. The 1200s come with the Edge Pro, which doesn't make sense because Satch uses the Edge trem. Colors kinda suck. Not many opitions there. Black white or red. Unless you can find BSB JS. Those were kick ass...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Outlander View Post
          the 100 sells for $699 @ Mfriend & lists @ 933.00
          any opinions out there on the 100,1000 or 1200 ?
          The js1xxx are solid guitars. But not your typical Ibanez shredder guitar. The necks are nothing like the wizards or jems, more like a strat. The fred and joe paf's are not as hot as evos, tonezones, and other dimarzio equipped Ibanez's.

Comment

thanks guys...

Comment

Originally posted by Outlander View Post
              The model I played was a beautful red and he'd let me have it for $650.00 out the door but that's not including case. Lists around 999.00 I think.
              What do ya think? is this a good deal or should I opt for the 1000 or 1200?
              Not a good deal, here's one that's mint with case you can have for $539.98 with shipping, a savings of $110.02 from the one you saw plus another $80 or so for a case:

The JS1000 or JS1200 are better guitars, as everyone else mentions if you can pony up the $900 or so

Comment

I had a JS100 and a JS1000. The particular JS100 I had spanked the JS1000 in tone... you never know you may get lucky with a well put together JS100 but, only buy used, you'll NEVER get your money back if you buy new. They go for $400 on ebay in great shape all day. Mine went off to Spain.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

IMO i would check out "Used" GC deals...you can find a mint used J1000
                  for around $800 But it is a thick neck.. middle of the road PUPs..and
                  a different feel to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X