• Show
Clear All

the le in black cherry does not have that special(sg) logo on the headstock
    Here I am

Comment

i had one in sant fe sunrise nice guitars

Here I am

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info and compliments. It sure is a stunning top, but lack of tremolo (Floyd), and big ass '59 neck keep it from being the ultimate in my book. I have a LP Classic with the slim taper 60's neck, very comfy and easy to rip on. Will check the LP Forum for further info...
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
          big ass '59 neck keep it from being the ultimate in my book.
          IMO, the '59 neck is not all that big. Its backshape is beefy and round, but it's really not all that thick, and it's also narrow. I've got smaller hands, too.

Sweet guitar either way.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            IMO, the '59 neck is not all that big. Its backshape is beefy and round, but it's really not all that thick, and it's also narrow. I've got smaller hands, too.

Sweet guitar either way.
            I prefer the 60's neck. Feels to me a lot like a Soloist.

Originally posted by Johno View Post
            Originally posted by patricef View Post
            I saw some ads people selling "Gibson Les Paul Standard Ebony" or "Gibson Les Paul Classic Ebony", so there must have been a limited serie.
            A lot of these references to EBONY by Gibson is the Black body color and not the fingerboard.

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
            Looks like someone did a special run. The norm for Standards is Rosewood boards and Standard engraved in the truss rod cover. I know Gibson does special runs and then are discontinued. This maybe one of these runs. A real nice looking Les Paul! Pickup's, they vary from year to year from what I have seen.
            +1 ........... From what I know, the LP Standard and LP Classic have always come with Rosewood fingerboards, but it appears that there have been some special runs of the Standard with Ebony fingerboards. The LP Studios used to come with Ebony fingerboards and now they are rosewood. LP Customs have always come with Ebony fingerboards.

Comment

I thought MF did a special run a few times with those. I was in a vintage shop last year and a college kid came in and sold his for $750.00 to the owner. It appeared to be the exact same specs. I never did stick around to see what it was tagged at later. The owner knew right away it was a MF exclusive run. Maybe yours is the same.
              Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Originally posted by Ripley7t View Post
                I thought MF did a special run a few times with those. I was in a vintage shop last year and a college kid came in and sold his for $750.00 to the owner. It appeared to be the exact same specs. I never did stick around to see what it was tagged at later. The owner knew right away it was a MF exclusive run. Maybe yours is the same.
                $750???? I wish I was there to buy it from the kid before he came into the store!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X