Rejoined the Gibson family...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejoined the Gibson family...

Picked this up at the local music store this weekend. 2006 Les Paul Standard Premium Plus. Actually looks a lot like the one in Charvel750's thread, but his has ebony board, mine is rosewood, his has nicer flame to it. And mine has gold factory hardware.

I wanted another paul and looked for the last couple of months... found a LOT of issues with many standards, which was pretty much my price range. One had a gawdawful tape job on the binding, so the finish was a little haphazard over the binding in spots. One had a neck that was twisted a bit (new guitar!) Some had finish flaws, etc... I was getting pretty unhappy. I figured I was going to have to spend the big bucks on one of the reissues or something, and then I found this one.

BTW, it has the 'big' 50s neck, and I have small hands... it feels great! Then again, I like the neck on my EJ strat too, and I hear a lot of guys bitching about it also. Seems like my guitars with the beefier necks have a lot better tone than my thin necked guitars.

She's a beaut Pete! Too bad that you had to play 40 of them to find
    1 good one! You must have REALLY wanted a LP? PM coming at you
    on a great dealer who has about 60 of them in stock!

Comment

nice!

Comment

Pete, that flame looks really good there! Killer axe and glad to know you found one that fits you.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Killer! Congrats. I like those Standards!
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Nice LP man...

Jeff has sure been quiet on these Gibson posts...

Maybe he learned...
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
              Nice LP man...

Jeff has sure been quiet on these Gibson posts...

Maybe he learned...
              He's quiet because Jeremy banned him for good.

Nice LP, Pete!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice looking axe you've got there.
                Looks much like mine, except for the gold hardware.

My Les Paul:

Comment

Nice flame on that, bro. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    He's quiet because Jeremy banned him for good.

Nice LP, Pete!
                    Poor Jeff. He was so full of .......... If it plays as good as it looks it's awesome.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Wow, that is a nice looking axe Pete! Glad your search turned up something you liked.

chuck
                      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Nice looking axe man. Great quilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post

BTW, it has the 'big' 50s neck, and I have small hands... it feels great! Then again, I like the neck on my EJ strat too, and I hear a lot of guys bitching about it also. Seems like my guitars with the beefier necks have a lot better tone than my thin necked guitars.
                          Yep! I like my necks about as thick as a PC1 which is .88" - .89" at the 12th fret. Pretty much a standard C shape neck that Suhr also uses.

I agree - thin necks seem to rob resonance - tone transfer and sustain.

Its a total myth that thin necks are better to play on or feel more comfortable. They cramp my hands and I have nothing to grab onto when I vibrato. Feels like something is missing if I don't have a neck that fills my hands up.
                          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Flames are subjective - everyone has differrent likes and dislikes.

a Standard 50's neck is not big. It's that same size as a historic R0. An R7-R9 is a baseball bat - I can't stand those.

A couple of my LP's:

I guess we will be seeing you hang out on the LesPaulForum for now on?

Comment

Very nice. I've got a soft spot for a nice LP.

Comment

Working...
                              X