No announcement yet.

How about Carvin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I custom ordered one back in 88. Rock maple, neck thru, tongue oil finish (lol) with ebony board, block inlays. Must have weighed about 15 lbs. No tone at all. It was like trying to play a rock.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

The Ultra V plays and sounds as good as anything I've ever tried. It's not really a "sitting down" guitar though. It's more of a "standing up and throwing big shapes" or "lying flat on your back".

I had an V220 that was pretty much the same as Ripley's - weighed a ton, was loud as hell, but was just kinda dead.
      Last edited by Snoogans; 09-21-2007, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripley7t View Post
        I custom ordered one back in 88. Rock maple ... It was like trying to play a rock.
        No wonder. :ROTF:
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          About the only thing I can truly criticize Carvin for is their styling, which is a totally subjective matter anyway. IMHO, some of their body styles and headstocks are just a little "off" for my tastes. .
          same here. quality is there and they are good buy but I son't like any of their body styles or headstock shapes.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I don`t even know what Carvin was thinking back when they made their guitars in all rock maple, that was just plain silly Man, you may have to use a SD Invader just to get some bass out of it Now, all flame maple guitars are nice because flamed maple is soft.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
              I don`t even know what Carvin was thinking back when they made their guitars in all rock maple, that was just plain silly Man, you may have to use a SD Invader just to get some bass out of it Now, all flame maple guitars are nice because flamed maple is soft.

Jack
              You can still order one with a maple body if you wish. Some people still love it.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What's wrong with all maple construction? I had an all maple Mockingbird, it sounded pretty ballsy to me.

Comment

Working...
                X