Anyone have a Weddington?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Weddington?

I've just been playing my Weddington after not touching it for a few months. Goddamit this guitar is a work of art. Remember when PRSs were handmade, and felt ridiculously easy to play? That's what this thing feels like. Here's a pic. It doesn't look much, but plays awesome. Those are Mighty Mite Motherbuckers I put in it.

It's the one on the left.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Yeah, zeegs I have a Custom that I bought in '91, it's a honeyburst and it kicks major ass. I must have bought and sold five Les Paul's since that time and the Weddington remains. I had a Special, too, but I didn't bond with it like the Custom.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I can't understand why they stopped making them. It's a shame.

Comment

Man, that is an awsome looking guitar!! I would love to own one of those

Jack

Comment

Zeeg, is that an Aria Pro II on the right?
          I let one go for 75.00 a while ago, I liked the way it looked,
          but it was too light for me. It sounded unique, though.

Comment

Those are nice guitars. When I worked in a guitar shop (over 15 years ago) we had a beautiful one. No one was ever interested in it. The price dropped super low and I think it eventually sold. I think it started at over $1K and it eventually sold for under $400...brand new! Very strange it was such a nice guitar and no interest. I seem to remember the heel is very nice on those.

Comment

I had a natural finish Weddington Custom that I still regret selling. Very nice player and it recorded great. I got it used for dirt cheap around 1992. They weren't a big hit when they were new, oddly enough, but they seem to command decent prices now on eBay, on the rare occasions they show up.

Comment

I have been looking for one lately again, still a way better deal than a LP.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                  Zeeg, is that an Aria Pro II on the right?
                  I let one go for 75.00 a while ago, I liked the way it looked,
                  but it was too light for me. It sounded unique, though.
                  Yep, it's a CS-400. Ash body. Set maple 3-piece neck. This one isn't light. Similar in weight to a LP. I have another maple bodied one that I'm re-finishing. The one in the pic was my first Matsumoku made Aria Pro II, and I have 5 of them now and they are all unbelievable guitars.

Comment

Working...
                  X