X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean Cadillac Euro custom select

Any Dean experts...
    I can post pix later,
    Friend has a Dean European Custom Select, Czech Republic, black/green tiger stripe, Ser#80145, TOM bridge, Seymour 2 HB's, offset V headstock, ~92.

Just wanting to know about this one, the headstock is a bit unusual, perhaps a value.

Yes, they were making them there while Dean didn`t have a USA shop. They are very nice quality as I have an EVO from there. I believe the headstock you speak of is what is affectionately refered to as the "Shrimpfork" headstock. They seamed to use some of those instead of the V headstock for a while. Any pics of it?

Jack

Comment

Will post tomorrow. I have it to repair the wiring. He gave me a funky IB RBM, sans trem, to pay for the job. I looked at the Dean site and didn't find much.

Comment

Comment

I believe that's the 'duckbill' headstock. I've heard nothing but good stuff about the Czech guitars.

Comment

Thanks all, sorry about the dooky looking picture, I need to get a better camera before I buy any other gear. I has a sweet trans looking tiger stripe, looks different in various lighting and angles. Like a black/blue/green.

Comment

Why do they make such a good guitar and fudge the electronics? The pots are el cheapo, the toggle has farted out on the neck pup, and I keep getting the bridge pup at 14k, the neck pup at 7 k. Possible they used pickups that were that much different in resistance? They are both 2-wire, no taps.

Comment

Did you get an Ibanez Reb Beach model for redoing the wiring? Nice payment!

Regarding the pickups, the standard Jackson set-up with a JB and a Jazz reads as 16.4 k and 7.7 k, respectively. So yes, it´s entirely possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
                  Did you get an Ibanez Reb Beach model for redoing the wiring? Nice payment!

Regarding the pickups, the standard Jackson set-up with a JB and a Jazz reads as 16.4 k and 7.7 k, respectively. So yes, it´s entirely possible.
                  Thanks, DL, it's a Korean RB-10, not the real deal, but I guess not bad. Worse thing is , my wife saw it, and she says she likes it...I was going to part it out.
                  I'll put the Dean Caddy together and check how it sounds.

Comment

Yeah, even if it´s an incomplete korean it feels like a good deal for going thru some electronics!

Comment

Yup, DL. you were correct about the pups, I finished it and it sounds well balanced. To my eyes, it's an ugly shape, but it plays a lot like my Hamer Phantom. Thanks for the help, you rock...

Comment

does this guitar have a v or u shaped neck on it? i once owned an 80's u.s.a. model cadillac in cherry sunburst and unlike any other guitar i have owned the neck felt like a v in your hand.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydog View Post
                          does this guitar have a v or u shaped neck on it? i once owned an 80's u.s.a. model cadillac in cherry sunburst and unlike any other guitar i have owned the neck felt like a v in your hand.
                          It has a U-shape, kind of thin.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                            It has a U-shape, kind of thin.
                            yeah, that v shaped neck on my cadillac felt strange. thats the only guitar i have ever played with a neck like that.

Comment

I played one Dean with the infamous "V" neck - I think I could get used to it. There's guys that SWEAR by them and won't buy anything else. I'm on the fence, to the point that I don't know if I'd buy one just yet. I'd have to have one to play quite a bit before I would commit.

Comment

Working...
                              X