2 new RG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 new RG's

I got my $100 special from Guitar Center the other day. I was looking through their used pages and found a 7620 for $99.99. A few chips and whatnot but it's in great shape for a hundred dollar guitar. One of the trem posts is busted and it's missing a few cavity covers but 50 bucks has those parts shipping to me now. No case, but it made it here from Wisconsin OK...

This next one was a "gift" from my buddy Josh from Stone Sour. 2002 RG 421. As you can see, he went a little nuts on it. It was his backup C# guitar when we toured together. I've always dug it, thought it had something going for it. Besides looks that is...

I'm angry because you're stupid

Cool!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Cool stuff Scott - the burned one looks pretty cool to me!
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Love the look of the 421!

Comment

I may need to listen to that band again because that guitar is smoking.
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

The burned one is awesome

Comment

Nice ones! I do like the relic one
              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Thanks guys! The burnt one is quite cool. And very light. Possibly the lightest RG I've played...

Thanks for the comments!

Comment

You stole that RG7620. However, the guitar from Josh looks just awesome! Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                    You stole that RG7620. However, the guitar from Josh looks just awesome! Congrats.
                    Yeah, I guess you could say I stole the RG. But the broken post was a bit of a surprise. Whoever owned it before must not have known about the Ibanez Locking Stud in the trem post and tried to crank down on it, it broke the top piece so you can't screw it down with the wrench. You have to move it by hand. But it did leave enough that the trem can ballence on it. But as soon as I get the replacement studs, it will be good to go...

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                      Yeah, I guess you could say I stole the RG. But the broken post was a bit of a surprise. Whoever owned it before must not have known about the Ibanez Locking Stud in the trem post and tried to crank down on it, it broke the top piece so you can't screw it down with the wrench. You have to move it by hand. But it did leave enough that the trem can ballence on it. But as soon as I get the replacement studs, it will be good to go...
                      I missed the part about the posts Still, it may only cost around $100 if you get someone to fix it (which I would advise). when my Rg needed one of its posts fixed, he had to do it twice to make sure it was good, so apparently its pretty tough to do.

Comment

Did he just take a blow-torch to the body as the neck and plastic binding look ok from the pics.

And if you can't fix a trem post (by screwing a new one in) you need shooting!

BTW Bengal aren't you a guitar tech. or am I making shit up again in my delusional little world? Next thing you know I'll be telling you is that I once scared Marilyn Manson!
                        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I agree. I really like the burned one. It's smokin'....................No, I mean it, it's smokin'!!!
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Hot
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Im really partial lately to the 2 pup Ibanez axes.. for some reason i
                              just dont need that middle single coil.. You really got a great deal on
                              the first one. I didnt know you were friends with Stone Sour! I know
                              a celebrity!

Comment

Working...
                              X