New Suhr Standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Suhr Standard

First off a HUGE thanks to my girl friend for buying this for me!! She let me in on the fact that she had been guitar shopping for me for quite some time and this is the result. I can't believe I am about to quote toejam - "divorce rocks!!"

The specs:

Basswood/quilt maple
    maple neck/board
    heavy frets
    Aldrich neck & bridge pickups
    Recessed Floyd
    Locking Sperzels
    Buzz Feiten tuning
    Plek'd
    scraped binding

If you have never played a Suhr do yourself a favor and check one out immediately. This thing plays like a dream and oozes beautiful, even tone. The Aldrich pickups are very loud, clean and clear - very cool.

On to the crappy pics...

Tarbaby Fraser.

Very nice color.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

awesome man ! +1 on the colour
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Very nice guitar!

Now go play some fusion stuff with it
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

That thing is super sweet. Congrats very nice choice by your girlfriend.

Out of curiosity how did she know about Suhr? Had you mentioned them, or was this a dream guitar? It's just not a brand you would think someone would give to another person.
          Last edited by VinceV; 11-14-2007, 06:28 PM.
          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Agreed on the color. Very nice...
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Wow, that's a great guitar. Amazing girlfriend you've got there. I think my wife got me a tie last year.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post

Out of curiosity how did he know about Suhr? Had you mentioned them, or was this a dream guitar? It's just not a brand you would think someone would give to another person.
                Yes, how did he know about Suhr? He's almost as awesome as the guitar... Ugly headstock though...
                Last edited by anuske9; 11-14-2007, 05:53 PM.
                -Adam

Comment

Another thumbs up for that color

Comment

He????

Seriously, that's an awesome guitar and you guys were great to do business with.
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I love that!

gotta love how nice women are BEFORE you marry them.

the trick is to learn this and never ever give that built-in advantage away...
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Awesome guitar, Jimmy. Love the color and natural binding. What are those necks like? Is that oiled or finished?

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post

Out of curiosity how did she know about Suhr? Had you mentioned them, or was this a dream guitar? It's just not a brand you would think someone would give to another person.
                          We were in Matt's shop in August, as well as The Music Zoo, and I was babbling on about how much I liked them and what I look for in a guitar. I get the impression she had contacted Matt about three or four different models until she pulled the trigger on this one. She remembered "Plek", "Floyd" and "Humbuckers" and took it on her own from there.
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            Awesome guitar, Jimmy. Love the color and natural binding. What are those necks like? Is that oiled or finished?
                            Pat, the neck is oiled and feels incredible. The profile is called "Even C Slim", which is .800 - .880, and fits in my hand very well. It's not particularly Charvelish as it feels deeper than my Charvel but it is in no way fat. The nut is 1.650 with a 10-14 radius. Check one out if you can, I'm sure you will love it.

The headstock looks much smaller, and better, in person.
                            Last edited by Top Jimmy B; 11-14-2007, 06:14 PM.
                            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                              I can't believe I am about to quote toejam - "divorce rocks!!"
                              Thank you for finally seeing the light! :ROTF:

Congrats on a great girlfriend and great guitar!!
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X