80's Fender 1 hums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's Fender 1 hums

I found a candy red 1 hum strat MIJ 1986.It has the series 1 trem which I don't care for but it has such a great resonance.The neck is painted black as is the headstock.
    Every one of these I've had has been pretty good but I'm having trouble with the $250.00 price tag.The pawn dealer will not go lower I tried.The paint is fair not perfect which I really don't have a problem with but its going to need frets soon.
    Am I being an ass about the price?What would be fair.I offered $225.00 but no was the answer.I have snagged some killer deals at this shop but he won't budge on this one.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

photos? i'd like to see this

Comment

Well, they're fairly rare, MIJ, collectable, and so on... $250 is fair. $25 is hardly worth getting too bent about... I used to have a big poster in my bedroom with all those guitars on it - that one was pretty cool. If I remember right, it was a dark gray metallic in the poster.

Comment

Yeah, pretty darn rare actually. I would pay the extra 25 if I liked it.
        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

$250 sounds like a fair price

Comment

Its in say 7 out of 10 shape body wise due to the aging of the paint, trem is all there and functional.Tuners are original not sure what the pickups is the ones I've had in the past were DiMarzio super 2's this one dosen't look like a DiMarzio.
            I think I will jump on it anyway tomorrow its just too old school not to.
            Thanks guys.

Comment

I'd jump all over that at $250...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I had a MIJ squier that I see people wanting and getting 300-400 on ebay for them. I only paid 210 new in 86! Too bad I sold mine.

Comment

I had one of those back in the day.. pewter one hum. Once I threw in a distortion and tweaked the neck, that was my main player for about 10 yrs!
                  GREAT necks on those... trem DOES suck though.
                  Sounds like a fair price to me...

Comment

OK I'm headed out to get it.

Comment

Well I got it for $225.00 out the door It needs a vol pot and a good cleaning.Maybe do a refin down the road paint is checked pretty good looks like it took a hit down by the input jack sometime in the past and a couple of paint chips missing but a solid guitar.The bridge is pretty clean too the brass rollers aren't all gunked up.
                      I'm going to tear it apart tonight and clean her up.

Comment

now you have no excuses!
                        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Cleaned up and smokin'.New rsguitarworks 541k super pot new cloth wire and a Duncan custom pickup (SH 5) I got in trade years ago.The stock Fender pickup was way below sub par and sounded like shaved monkey nuts.
                          This guitar has some huge tone and plays like a dream even the trem works great go figure.Now I need an original case for one of these.
                          Last edited by straycat; 11-20-2007, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            This guitar has some huge tone and plays like a dream.
                            There's a lot of good solid wood in that body and that neck

Comment

She is solid and a real nice player.A bud of mine sold these new and said they were$459.99 in 86.The price guide says $375-$475 now so they have held their value.
                              Last edited by straycat; 11-20-2007, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X