Gibson Acoustic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Acoustic.

Dose any one know if this guitar is worth any thing and is it worth fixing up? I got it from my great uncle and know nothing about it besides it's a Gibson and it needs work. (this is my first time posting pictures so I hope they work)

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Coyote/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-24.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Coyote; 11-20-2007, 08:51 AM. Reason: Can't get pics to work,

Can't get the pictures to work don't know what's wrong.

Comment

You need to upload and host the picture somewhere online. The forum can't read them off of your hard drive.

Comment

When it comes to acoustics just because it says Gibson doesn't mean its worth a lot.Gibson made tons of entry level student acoustic guitars that aren't worth much.
        If you can read the oval sticker in the sound hole that would help or any printed numbers in side.Also tell us what color the oval sticker is that has a lot to due with what year it may be and where it was made.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It's printed on the in side in really small print LGI and theres not a sticker.
          It needs some work the tuners are shot and the finish is a little chipped and it has a crack by the sound hole.

I'll see if I can get pics,

Comment

email me the pic ill host it for you check my world do
            com
            Last edited by asix; 11-21-2007, 12:26 PM.
            no sig.....

Comment

Comment

Yes I got it to work heres the picture

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                Last edited by Coyote; 11-20-2007, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I think "L" indicates 1940's-50's.

Comment

It's worth fixing.

Comment

By all means fix it.One of my freinds has an LG3 and its a 1949.

Comment

I still have the card board case that came with it when it was new.
                        It's like my great uncles or something like that he never learned how to play. He had another one that was in allot better shape and my cousin took it
                        (he probably traded it for a couple ponds of pot knowing him).

Well I need to find tuners any one know ware to get some? they are printed deluxe on the back of them and they are the kind that are in one strip and I can't find any like them.

Thanks for every one's help.

Comment

rsguitarworks.net they have aged tuners to fit most Gibson guitars.When it comes to Gibsons they know their stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                            I still have the card board case that came with it when it was new.
                            It's like my great uncles or something like that he never learned how to play. He had another one that was in allot better shape and my cousin took it
                            (he probably traded it for a couple ponds of pot knowing him).

Well I need to find tuners any one know ware to get some? they are printed deluxe on the back of them and they are the kind that are in one strip and I can't find any like them.

Thanks for every one's help.

Ron's award of the month for spelling and punctuation

Sorry, but I have been reading and responding to many of your posts and they are difficult to read. I'm guessing that English is not your primary language? I can't tell where in the World you are from reading your profile. So pardon me if your primary language is not English.
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                              You need to upload and host the picture somewhere online. The forum can't read them off of your hard drive.
                              I can actually see Coyote's hard drive just fine.

Sweet pr0n collection BTW. :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X