Nightswan Reissue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightswan Reissue?

There was talk some time ago about MusicYo reissuing the Nightswan. I seem to recall seeing a picture of a prototype for the reissue floating around the net. Has anyone heard anything about the likelihood of a Nightswan reissue actually happening?

I haven't, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did after how well the 1984 reissues did.
    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

What I had heard, and it's old news, was that the NS was placed on the back burner while the Baretta (85) reissues were created. Then they were eventually scrapped or perm delayed due to there being not enough dealers willing to take on the line.

If you look at the Yo site, almost everything there is unavailable lately.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Not that it'll do any good or even provide any answers, I just e-mailed music yo about this. In the past they have actually been pretty good and giving me answers so we'll see. I basically asked if it is or ever been in developement, if it's still going to happen and when, and if it isn't how much e-mail and nagging is it going to take to get them to do it anyway. I really like the new Kramers, so I am hoping they respond.

Flatpicker, I know that they have some authorized dealers on the kramerguitars.com page, but the ones I have been able to look up web sites on don't mention kramers at all. I'm guessing they are at the mercy of whomever makes them in Korea just as the music yo page is
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Rules

Any post containing pasted/copied email/private or outside party messages or content will be deleted.

Comment

On Hill Guitars web site he states that he is making the 85 Barettas. Shoot him an email maybe he has an inside track on the NS.

Comment

People at www.vintagekramer.com or at www.kramermaniaxe.com (Mike Mojabi) may have info on this as well . I just tried and could not get to the www.kramermaniaxe.com site (got a solid blue webpage!).

I'd be very interested in getting a Nightswan reissue myself.

I wonder if doing a nightswan would mean that Kramer would need to bring Buddy Blaze back (Buddy created the original Nightswan before the design was purchased by Kramer, and he was hired by Kramer to head up their R&D). Buddy has his own brand now and builds guitars that are similar to Nightswan but not identical in pickup placement or headstock design. These pop up on ebay brand new for about $2k to $3k depending on finish and hardware, but I'd really want one that's branded Kramer, has the Nightswan emblem on the headstock, and has the bridge and middle humbuckers. Finishes to die for (at least for me) would be the lightening, the polka dots (various color combinations), the Aztec, and the holoflash
              Last edited by Mr Metal; 11-21-2007, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Here is a thread also:

http://www.kramerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18936

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
                  People at www.vintagekramer.com or at www.kramermaniaxe.com (Mike Mojabi) may have info on this as well . I just tried and could not get to the www.kramermaniaxe.com site (got a solid blue webpage!).

I'd be very interested in getting a Nightswan reissue myself.

I wonder if doing a nightswan would mean that Kramer would need to bring Buddy Blaze back (Buddy created the original Nightswan before the design was purchased by Kramer, and he was hired by Kramer to head up their R&D). Buddy has his own brand now and builds guitars that are similar to Nightswan but not identical in pickup placement or headstock design. These pop up on ebay brand new for about $2k to $3k depending on finish and hardware, but I'd really want one that's branded Kramer, has the Nightswan emblem on the headstock, and has the bridge and middle humbuckers. Finishes to die for (at least for me) would be the lightening, the polka dots (various color combinations), the Aztec, and the holoflash

Why a reissue? Just look for a real swan. I got mine back in 2002.......in stellar condition, and I think I only paid like $650. Mine is sparkle blue, but I have seen aztecs, lightnings, etc on ebay. Also, the guy at GMWguitar works is supposed to do amazing finishes. He sent me some pictures of the lightning graphics he can do from when I was considering getting such a finish on my swan. But I decided to keep it original.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
                    Why a reissue? Just look for a real swan. I got mine back in 2002.......in stellar condition, and I think I only paid like $650. Mine is sparkle blue, but I have seen aztecs, lightnings, etc on ebay. Also, the guy at GMWguitar works is supposed to do amazing finishes. He sent me some pictures of the lightning graphics he can do from when I was considering getting such a finish on my swan. But I decided to keep it original.
                    Hi Lynchfan6! Have you seen the prices on ebay lately? The last two Lightnings each went for $1500-plus, and they weren't mint! Most original Nightswans with graphic have finish cracking problems, and you rarely find any clean ones. They're mostly quite worn (for good reason)

Comment

I got an email back, it's on hold and probably not happening, but a new pacer is supposed to be out next year so don't hold your breath on a nightswan

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                        Flatpicker, I know that they have some authorized dealers on the kramerguitars.com page, but the ones I have been able to look up web sites on don't mention kramers at all. I'm guessing they are at the mercy of whomever makes them in Korea just as the music yo page is
                        What Kramers are made in Korea? The sticker on the back of my Imperial says Made In Indonesia.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Love the swans and swan-like...lot's of options out there...
                          Last edited by xbolt; 11-21-2007, 09:35 PM.
                          Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            What Kramers are made in Korea? The sticker on the back of my Imperial says Made In Indonesia.
                            Pre-Gibson or post-Gibson? Most post-Gibson Music-Yo stuff has been from Korea. Even on the USA Series the parts I believe came from Korea and they assembled in the US. Now we hear that Hill guitars is making the 1985 so this might be something new. Regarding the old stuff, I've heard the ones called American on the headstock were assembled in the US using ESP made Japanese parts...........Not sure about the other stuff but I know there was a mix of USA-made, Japanese (ESP??), and Korean models. I have also heard that while the original Nightswan was built in the USA, there was a Japan-built version of it for the Japanese market too!

Comment

Man, I never cared for the Pacers, but I understand that they are only going to produce what they think will sell.

There was someone offering a Nightswan style body for sale, but I can't remember the website.

Comment

Working...
                              X