Nightswan Reissue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
    Pre-Gibson or post-Gibson? Most post-Gibson Music-Yo stuff has been from Korea.
    Mine is a MusicYo Imperial (Explorer). It's got a Made In Indonesia sticker on the back of the headstock. I bought it last year from MusicYo's website. Serial number is SI06050044.

I noticed the output jack has an Epiphone marking on it, so I assume all of the hardware is what they use on Epiphones as well. The trem has the Kramer name on it, but it's got the short locking bolts and looks pretty much like a Schaller.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Mine is a MusicYo Imperial (Explorer). It's got a Made In Indonesia sticker on the back of the headstock. I bought it last year from MusicYo's website. Serial number is SI06050044.

I noticed the output jack has an Epiphone marking on it, so I assume all of the hardware is what they use on Epiphones as well. The trem has the Kramer name on it, but it's got the short locking bolts and looks pretty much like a Schaller.
      Over the years, I've had a few Kramer FR-404s/d neck-thru's and a Striker FR-424CM bolt on with maple fingerboard. They were all definitely made in Korea and labeled as such. They all had the JT-590/Schaller looking Floyds and the Quad-Rail pickups. I've never owned an Imperial. It is possible that they've moved some production from Korea to Indonesia, or that the Imperial was always built in Indonesia. I would agree that Kramer is probably using Epiphone's many suppliers all over Asia. Don't be surprised if they start building Kramers in Epiphone's wholly owned China factory one of these days

Comment

LOL I wouldn't doubt it if they started making them in China.

The Imperial plays pretty well. The Quad Rail pups I think are actually pretty decent, but I sent the body to Mike Learn for a new paint job and had the bridge replaced with a Duncan PATB-2 and the neck with a DiMarzio Super 2. But the wiring is messed up and I've got to fix it one of these days.

Comment

LOL I wouldn't doubt it if they started making them in China.

The Imperial plays pretty well. The Quad Rail pups I think are actually pretty decent, but I sent the body to Mike Learn for a new paint job and had the bridge replaced with a Duncan PATB-2 and the neck with a DiMarzio Super 2. But the wiring is messed up and I've got to fix it one of these days.
          These are great upgrades! Sounds like your Imperial's going to be a killer guitar....I'm sure you know what's coming next................

Comment

Well, here's the pic right after Mike painted it.

Comment

Originally posted by xbolt View Post
              Love the swans and swan-like...lot's of options out there...
              Thats a cool shot! I remember seeing the Lightning Swan in a music store brand new back in the day. I thought it was cool back then but never did pick one up.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Well, here's the pic right after Mike painted it.
                Great graphic...Can't wait to see the completed guitar!!

Comment

Working...
                X