anybody ever heard of Riff guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody ever heard of Riff guitars?

Well, like the title say's has anyone ever heard of these. I can't find any info on them except they were maybe sold by JC Penny at one time. The reason I ask is that a local shop has one for dirt cheap. It is has a quilted cherryburst archtop, HSH (I believe),bolt on bound rosewood neck with some sort of inlays (can't remember exactly what), pointy headstock and Gold hardware. It's actually a very nice looking guitar (haven't played it.)

So what's the deal on these?......or can someone point me in the right direction on where to find some info.

Yeah, I saw them in the JC Penney catalog years ago. Made in Korea IIRC. I'd just play the thing, try not to look excited even if you dig it, and try to talk them down even if it is dirt cheap. It's definitely an off-brand or no-brand so use that point in negotiating.

You're probably not going to find much info as far as I know. If you like the way it plays and sounds and it's cheap, get it, but it's not a pedigree instrument.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks man, It's not something I'd buy but, It really did look nice...which sparked my interest as I've never even heard of em.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
        I'd just play the thing, try not to look excited even if you dig it
        Yeah, think about baseball while you're demoing it. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          Yeah, think about baseball while you're demoing it. :ROTF:
          or sex with Oprah
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
            or sex with Oprah