Hard choice between two guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1trussell View Post
    If you change the EMGs to Duncans, you'll also have to change the pots and the jack. Not a big deal, but an extra little step.
    Not more hassle? I better just buy the MII. lol
    "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

MII --> thicker neck + maple boards = win!
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

How much thicker is the MII? I know what size the DK1 is, but does anyone know the MII size, the 3rd and 12th fret?

Comment

Buy American!

Comment

Originally posted by bonghits View Post
            DK1. Just because I favor the sharkies, ebony board and binding.
            +1

Comment

I guess ESP is the new Henry Ford. "You can have any color you want as long as it's black"

Didn't older DK1's come with SSH Duncans?

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                Didn't older DK1's come with SSH Duncans?
                Yes and some had quilt tops as well. Very classy looking indeed.
                "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I have had both. I would take a DK1 over the ESP without playing it and never look back. There is just something about the DK1. They feel so much slicker.

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                    I have had both. I would take a DK1 over the ESP without playing it and never look back. There is just something about the DK1. They feel so much slicker.

-Nate
                    I think you may be right. I am leaning towards the DK1. I can't get away from my beloved Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Diver View Post
                      I think you may be right. I am leaning towards the DK1. I can't get away from my beloved Jackson.
                      Dude... I walked into a store a little while ago that had a M-II. I picked this up after playing my DK1 a little earlier in the day thinking "Oh cool... don't see too many around here" It went back on it's stand in less then one minute. Go DK1, give it a little setup love and play away.

-Nate
                      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                        Dude... I walked into a store a little while ago that had a M-II. I picked this up after playing my DK1 a little earlier in the day thinking "Oh cool... don't see too many around here" It went back on it's stand in less then one minute. Go DK1, give it a little setup love and play away.

-Nate
                        Sounds good to me. I do want to change out the pickups, though.

Comment

Working...
                        X