No announcement yet.

Do you own a guitar not made from wood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you own a guitar not made from wood?

I guess that Guitars made from alternative materials have a stigma of being less than an instrument than ones made from the most ornate woods. But this isn't always the case, take for example the Danelectro guitars made from pressed hardboard, or the Ampeg Dan Armstrong plexiglass guitar or the Valco airline guitars made from plastic and I haven't even mentioned Ovation yet.

So do you guys have guitars that aren't made from solid wood?
    In my own case, yes I DO have guitars that aren't made of wood. And here they are.

My strats are both 1989 Squier stratocasters and they are made from Plywood, nevertheless they sound really good and play like butter, they are treasured favorites from my extensive collection

A 21 and 22 fret versions.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i have a guitar made from a shoebox XD

Comment

I have a Peavey Raptor that proudly sports a plywood body.

I say proudly because you can see the layers when you look at the outer edges of the thing.
        :ROTF:

Bought it from Chrisguitars for a song, and it absolutely kills in both tone and playability.

I sanded the back of the neck and rounded the fret edges the day I got it, but the rest of the set-up was done by Chris's main-man Martin...

It has Graphtec saddles, and I can dive bomb the strings completely limp and it stays in tune... still not sure what the hell that's all about!
        Very handy for detuning on the fly... no locking nut to contend with.

I'm not sure if the pickups are stock, but they sound better than the Tex-Mex set I have in my mutt Ash-bodied-Fernandes strat.

It's a plywood tone monster!
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

Kramer ST300
          Floyd Rose II, HSS, maple neck with thick Rosewood FB
          Has a mojo tone, for a plywood guitar.

Comment

I've got a plywood Lyon by Washburn. It has monster clean tones. It was my first guitar.

Comment

Working...
            X