My Latest Rand Acquisitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Latest Rand Acquisitions

I picked these two up a few months back but never got around to taking pics until today. These are both amazing players and have been a regular part of my live line-up since Sept. The pink one was featured in a Diet Pepsi commercial back in the 80's with Jerry Hall (if anyone ever comes across a copy of this, I'd love to have one). It's odd in that it features a factory preamp boost (but I never use it). The yellow one was at Sam Ash when I bought my purple one and it was down to those two as to which one I was going to buy...now I have both. It's a killer player but the EMG's will most likely be replaced with the original Tom Anderson electronics some day. That said, I've been digging these EMG's way more than I ever thought I would as I've never been a big fan. They're pretty crushing through my rack system. These are both light as a feather...about the same as a Parker Fly.

No pictures of the backsides?....
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Soon you'll have them all!
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Pretty wild looking Rupe!
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

Where the hell did you find Pink Strings? :ROTF:

Comment

they're awesome, the end of the fretboard doesn't convince me. a bit too angular for my tastes, but the yello one rules. excellent. terribly 80s lol!!

Comment

Wow...those things are cool!

Comment

Hot Damn! Those are very nice.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Thats just great design! How come my local Sam Ass..never has
                  anything custom? Thanks for sharing..love the end of the fretboard!

Comment

Very cool guitars - I had totally forgotten about Rands until I saw this thread.

Comment

Nice very nice
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm really happy with this pair. If any of you get a chance to play one, do it. Anyone in CO (or passing through) let me know and you're more than welcome to stop by.

The pink strings were on there when I got it (DR coated) but they'll be replaced by my usual DR Tite-Fits when needed (I'm digging the coated strings as they still sound great after weeks of play...I may look into these moving forward).

Robert, I bought my original at same Ash back in the 80's when they were a cool music store and not a corporation competing with Guitar Center. I doubt that you would find many "boutique" items at any Sam Ash these days.

Comment

Damn... Very nice...

I gotta track one of these down very soon...
                          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Super cool! I would love to see somebody in a local band hit the stage with one of those. But no, it's just a never-ending string of Fenders and Gibsons.

Comment

Love the pink one dude..very cool with pink strings!

Comment

Working...
                              X