No announcement yet.

My Latest Rand Acquisitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, they still hold a good price. I'll have to keep my eyes open...

I've always wanted one since the "Is This Love" video. IIRC, Viv was playing an orange/yellow one like yours Rupe. I remember thinking the graffic was so cool because it was wild yet subdued at the same time. Strange for that time period...

Rupe,
    Next time I'm in Denver visiting my brother, I just may look you up and see one of those beasts in person...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
      awesome have u seen any with just a solid color or do they all have that type graphic
      There is a black "Which" that somebody on the forum has. My friend Jim bought it from Rand. It was originally orange and white like Rupe's "Is this love" Rand. Jim didn't like it so Rand painted over it. The Misfits Rands are also black. Other than that they all appear to have the cool marble paint job.

Comment

Great, Great collection... Besides Vivian Campbell, I don't know anyone else that played them.
        '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
        '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
        custom made Les Paul
        VOX Tonelab LE
        Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
        ADA MP1
        BBE 422A
        Lexicon MPX-G2
        ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
        Support Your Local 81

Comment

There are two that fade from a purple/blue color into red. Joel has one and a guy in OH has the other (I passed on it when I bought the yellow and pink ones...the same guy had all three and a buddy of mine owned all three back in the early 90's). The only other "celeb" that I know of who played one was whichever one of the Nelson twins that played guitar.

Here's the one that I passed on:

Comment

Nice collection. The orange/yellow kicks ass!! The red/purple/blue is pretty sweet, too.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Why didn't these things get off the ground?

I dig the paint scheme. I wonder if there is a painter out there that can do one justice? That's what I think I like the most, the paint...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Those Rands are awesome.Where did you find them?
                http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

Have you ever checked out ARS guitars? I guess they are Brazilian but since I don't speak Portuguese I have no idea what they are talking about. But it looks like they took the Rand idea and tweaked it a bit with reverse headstocks and different inlays but otherwise they look pretty close to Rands.

Comment

Ironic you brought those up...I have a buddy from Brazil who is translating their web page on these for me. You can see where they use Rand's name in the write-up.

These didn't take off because Rand got bored and moved on. According to another person who was instrumental in their building, Rand was/is a very eccentric person and loses interest easily. The company was doing well, especially considering how expensive they were in the late 80's, but Rand moved on to other things and literally walked away. There were approximately 30 unfinished instruments that sat at the Tom Anderson facility for many years. Tom said Rand eventually came and got them but he's never done anything with them that anyone knows about. Back in '92 the word was that he planned to finish the rest of them in all black with gold hardware but it never came to be.

Comment

These two collections are the best collections (collectively) posted this year.

Two used to be in my neighborhood until you guys got em. . . .

Here's a pic I took . . .
                      Last edited by j4vice; 12-06-2007, 11:55 AM.
                      JvicE

Comment

Working...
                      X