Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Used on Chris Isaak's Wicked Game

OK, a couple of questions here.

1) Does anyone know what guitar was used to record the lead guitar line on Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game"? I know James Calvin Wilsey recorded the lead part, and he typically uses Strats.

2) Do strats have full floating trems? I feel like an idiot for asking this, but having played guitar for 20 years, I've probably only had a Strat in my hands for 30 minutes and I can't remember whether the trems can go sharp and flat, or just flat.

Thanks,

- E.
    Last edited by AlexL; 11-24-2007, 04:11 PM.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

You can pull up on a strat bridge, but you'll only get about a 1/2 step or so

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      You can pull up on a strat bridge, but you'll only get about a 1/2 step or so
      Thanks. I just want to get a little vibrato.

- E.

Comment

It depends on how you set the Strat trem up. You can set them up flush against the body with no pull up at all (the most common approach) or you can make them float. Depending on how far off the body you set them up to float, you can get much more than the 1/2 step that was mentioned...I can easily go beyond a full step with mine (although I wouldn't recommend it from a tuning standpoint).

Comment

i can bend up a full step with mine, and put a bit of pencil lead in the nut grooves once a week or so. no tuning problems at all.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, guys. I will likely get a strat at some point, and would make sure to put locking tuners on it, if it didn't already have them. I know graphite in the nut helps as well.

I appreciate the comments.

- E.

Comment

Working...
            X