• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEET
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Cool. I was never a big fan of those. The only one I really liked was the Blue Floral.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
        I read somewhere that since about 99' they are NOT real fabric underneath? Is this true?
        Robert,
        I have read that sometime around then, they ran out of fabric. So I've heard they are just paper under the clear. But no one with one wants to sand it down to find out for sure so who knows. If it is just a scan, it's a good one...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
          Robert,
          I have read that sometime around then, they ran out of fabric. So I've heard they are just paper under the clear. But no one with one wants to sand it down to find out for sure so who knows. If it is just a scan, it's a good one...
          Thanks!

Comment

Robert,
            What year is yours? I could send over a case of high grit sandpaper and we could find out for sure...

It's interesting if you look at the production years. They stopped selling them in the USA sometime in 99-2000. They sold them in Japan only in 01-02. Then started selling them in the USA again in 03 and the production stopped in 04...

What I read from that is they didn't sell well in the states in the late 90's so they tried to off their remaining stock in Japan. They didn't sell well in Japan either so they brought them back in the US to sell off all remaining FP's. Seeing that all FP's had the old school neck joint shows that the bodies were made before the switch to AANJ. That makes me believe all of them are fabric...

Edit: Nevermind Robert, I see yours is an '89. I did some searching on Jemsite and Glen says they are all fabric, no paper. I believe him...
            Last edited by Bengal; 11-26-2007, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
              Why are they so expensive? Because Ibanez has their heads up their asses...
              They are no more expensive than a US Made Jackson or Gibson. I had a Root Beer model for a short time and loved it. They are amazing guitars. All the Jem necks are hand finished and all the ones I have played have been unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by pinto79 View Post
                They are no more expensive than a US Made Jackson or Gibson. I had a Root Beer model for a short time and loved it. They are amazing guitars. All the Jem necks are hand finished and all the ones I have played have been unreal.
                Yep, and Gibsons are way overpriced. And some USA Jacksons too. So when I say that they have their heads up their asses it's because I think they are overpriced. I've owned 14 Jems in my time. Great guitars. No doubt about it. But overpriced just the same...

Comment

Working...
                X