• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLP Project

Thanks for looking.

It looks fantastic! Great job sir.

Comment

looks nice, a little too nice for a frankenstrat......
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Excellent work as always.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by destructin_od View Post
          It looks fantastic! Great job sir.
          +1 Very nice!

Comment

CHEESE IT!! It's the EVH Police!! RUN!!!!!!!111JUAN111

That is just beautiful work! Just outstanding!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Those are nice players too. No really they are. I have done floyd upgrades on several a couple of years ago and they are still together.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It looks great, the finish looks amazing. I assume you painted that yourself? I wish I had the tools and skills to pull off such nice work. I have a few project bodies I haven't touched especially after reading the reviews of the rattle can jobs.
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

I saw a couple of those about a year or two ago at GC. One was just like this and another one in Black and Yellow,both were OLP`S that someone apparently customized!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                    It looks great, the finish looks amazing. I assume you painted that yourself? I wish I had the tools and skills to pull off such nice work. I have a few project bodies I haven't touched especially after reading the reviews of the rattle can jobs.
                    Thanks for the compliments guys.

The only part of this guitar that is an OLP is the body, and I did a little more than just paint it.
                    When installing an OFR on these guitars, it leaves a gap behind the baseplate.
                    I had anticipated this and did some fabrications to avoid the gap.
                    I also fabricated wooded pickup shims to raise the Wolfgang pickups to proper height. And I also did away with the OLP neckplate, adding a 5th screw with ferruls.

The neck is by Frankenstraat.
                    Pickups are Peavey Wolfgang.
                    The trem, an Original Floyd w/ D-Tuna.

It plays and sounds REALLY good.

Oh yeah ... and I painted it myself.

Comment

Sweet! I want one!
                      If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Rattle can jobs can be done nicely if you take your time...It also takes a ton of parctice.
                        Haters gonna hate
                        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                          Rattle can jobs can be done nicely if you take your time...It also takes a ton of parctice.
                          No offense, but that's simply not true.
                          I painted with rattlecans for years and have had lots of practice.
                          Yeah, I can make one look real pretty, but trust me ... those paintjobs don't look good for long and all that spraypaint will make your guitar sound like a turd.

Comment

Nice!
                            How do you like that frankenstraat neck, and could you compare to something like warmoth quality wise?

Comment

Originally posted by rocksoldier View Post
                              Nice!
                              How do you like that frankenstraat neck, and could you compare to something like warmoth quality wise?
                              The neck is really nice.
                              Yeah ... I would compare it to the quality of a Warmoth or Musikraft.

Comment

Working...
                              X