G&L guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&L guitars

I was wondering if anyone has or uses G&L guitars? I have been on a strat kick lately, and have been reading that G&L guitars are supposed to be a step above Fender American strats as far as quality and playability goes. I recently purchased a American deluxe Strat HSS which I really like, and therefore has peaked my interest into looking at a G&L. Thanks.

It all depends what models you are referring to, some G&Ls are made better then Fenders and some aren`t.
    Last edited by Metaled1020; 01-24-2008, 02:11 PM.

Comment

my buddy has an ASAT. i was with him when he bought it, at the time it was far nicer than any of the fender tele's we tried. the bridge is kinda crap but its made to be more vintage like. the plasticy neck plate & rear string ferrol piece is kind of cheap looking. as far as wood work, fit, finish & fret work its as good as it gets IMO. the hardware is kinda crappy, but the guitar itself is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
        It all depends what models you are referring to, some G&Ls are made better then Fenders and some aren`t. I had a G&L and although it was a nice guitar i sold it because the necks (most of em!) are quite narrow especially at the nut. I personally prefer Fender.
        I was looking at the Legacy or Invader models.

Comment

Just be aware there is no resale value on a G&L so whatever you buy it for expect less than 1/2 when you get rid of it.They are great guitars IMO.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Be aware, too, that the "Tribute" models are Korean-made. I don't know if you are aware of that or not, but I thought I'd just give you a heads-up.
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Since they dont have a resale value... why dont you go for a mint second hand one?
              If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Originally posted by 10secondLX View Post
                I was looking at the Legacy or Invader models.
                Great guitars!!!!
                Last edited by Metaled1020; 01-24-2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderhead View Post
                  Since they dont have a resale value... why dont you go for a mint second hand one?
                  Yeah, I was already looking at Ebay and they have a lot of the cheaper "Tribute" series guitars on there. I definetley would want a USA version if I bought anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
                    In any event,if narrow necks are a problem for you i`d stay away!
                    That might be something to keep in mind. I was playing an Ovation at GC and thought it was very narrow towards the top , and I don't have big gorilla hands.

Comment

Very nice guitars. Make sure you hit the Legacy, Comanche area. I chose the USA Legacy and use it now on stage instead of my Strat (though I still have it on standby).
                      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Originally posted by donf View Post
                        Very nice guitars. Make sure you hit the Legacy, Comanche area. I chose the USA Legacy and use it now on stage instead of my Strat (though I still have it on standby).
                        The Legacys are by far their best.
                        Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

I've never really looked at the prices of them, but I got to play an ASAT from the '80s a little while ago in a bar (the guitarist of the band was using one, and was nice enough to let me play it after their set.) If the Legacies and Comanches are anything like that thing, find one and pounce. Probably the best Tele I've ever played.

Comment

Working...
                          X