Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to get a les paul....59 reissue help

Hey guys

I'm looking to pull the trigger in the new year on some sort of reissue les paul

I'm not sure what I should get, I've been looking on the lespaulforum.com but there is so much "this and that" info and those guys there seem to be a bit on the high strung side when it comes to noobs, not like this place at all

so I'd like to get some opinions from you guys, I'd like a burst, but I don't want to get a seriously bright one

I'm thinking along the lines of a brock burst, or there about, maybe even a lemon drop or iced tea.

there is just so much to know and this is a completely different ball game for me! hahaha

any and all info appreciated!

I might get a 57 black beauty reissue though and name it Cleo in memory of my pooch I just lost.

thanks!

Chris

Buy used or NOS. Most new LPs are full of holes.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Well yes
      the new Les Pauls have tone chambering the 06's have the holes, the newest ones just have one big hole.

But I'll buy whatever sounds good, just not sure who a reputable dealer is for used stuff. NO ebay anymore for me
      thanks

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
        Well yes
        the new Les Pauls have tone chambering the 06's have the holes, the newest ones just have one big hole.

But I'll buy whatever sounds good, just not sure who a reputable dealer is for used stuff. NO ebay anymore for me
        thanks

Chris
        Check Kijiji. You never know what you might find. Although, you will probably come to the same unfortunate conclusion that I have. Canadians all try to sell used gear for almost the same price as new gear. I find used gear for sale, and literally laugh out loud at what people are asking.

Comment

Ha
          yeah I just looked there, people ARE crazy, literally! hahaha

I'll just keep readin

thanks!

C

Comment

Best bet. Come on down. Checkout the pawnshops.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

no custom shop reissue is gonna be weight relieved....check out some of the vos stuff, very nice guitars for the money, you can get good deals on custom shop reissues if you keep an eye on ebay too

Comment

If I had a couple grand putting a hole in my pocket, i'd get:

Shop Les Paul electric guitars at Gibson. From the classic Les Paul Standard to the Les Paul Modern Studio, find the perfect guitar for you. Shop now!

Sexy beast.

Comment

+1 on the custom classic.They look killer.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That LP is a real beauty. Too bad I am broke as hell.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Be patient. The right one will come. It took me a year or so to find the right '59 Historic.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I haven't found the right one yet. Not a Gibson anyway. There are a few stores around here who carry Gibson, but they haven't lowered their prices to coincide with the exchange rate. Even if they had, they don't have a huge selection, and hardly ever get used LPs. I've played so many that I didn't like for some reason. They weren't all necessarily bad, but if I pay for an LP, I want it to be perfect. In the end, just to appease my GAS, I bought an Aria Pro II LP, one of the older (1980) "lawsuit" models. Now it's going to be even tougher to find a Gibby, because it has to measure up to this one.

By the way, is this "iced tea", or a very light tobacco burst?

Comment

Right now my favorite Les Paul is a PRS SC245 - it is unreal cool.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
                            no custom shop reissue is gonna be weight relieved....check out some of the vos stuff, very nice guitars for the money, you can get good deals on custom shop reissues if you keep an eye on ebay too
                            +1 I hear ya on the lespaulforum. I frequent there quite often. My new '57 VOS Gold Top is not full of holes by any means. Just keep on checking in on the LP Forum. There is a guy in San Diego I had heard about that is a dealer in used and is pretty fair. I forget his name, but deals with the LP forum members. Obviously, if you can get your hands on one and play it the better, but I have been lucky enough to get nice instruments sight unseen.
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Take your time, you'll know it when you find the right one. Or four.

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X