I want to get a les paul....59 reissue help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
    That's a nice top. It's not too fancy, just a slight, tasteful figure.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
      +1 I hear ya on the lespaulforum. I frequent there quite often. My new '57 VOS Gold Top is not full of holes by any means. Just keep on checking in on the LP Forum. There is a guy in San Diego I had heard about that is a dealer in used and is pretty fair. I forget his name, but deals with the LP forum members.
      Saul at Centre City Music.

Comment

I would never buy a new Gibson. Not because they are not decent guitars, well, some of them have to be, right? I'm not a fan of the people running Gibson now and I talk with my wallet....

Here's mine. The only one I've had that didn't get traded or sold for something else. 1980 Heritage 80 Standard. Gibsons first attempt at a 59 reissue. SOLID wood, can't beat that. Shaw Pickups, which sound friggin' killer. Thin binding. Small headstock. Not a perfect example of the '59's but pretty damn good for Gibsons first attempt. Remember the picture on the first Vandenberg record? Adrian is holding a H-80...

Very nice. Does it have a 3 piece maple neck, too? My 78 standard does.
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
          Shibs that the 2nd time in 2 days you have let it "slip" that you have gear for sale. You know better by now, you were told last time as well. The worst part is that it's not even the same item you trying to sell this time. Your bio says you own a music store, if that's the case and you want to sell gear here, become a sponsor. Stop trying to be slick about it.
          He's never getting Classified access either.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This is just my opinion. I was looking for a Les Paul for almost 2 years. I went to NYC (Mannys) and found a 1992 54 goldtop reissue that just KILLS. I played dozens and dozens of them and couldnt find anything that sounded good. I would NEVER buy a Les Paul without playing it first. The quality and tone of them varies way to much. Most of the new standards I played feel like plastic pieces of shit and are way to light. When it comes to a Paul you cant go by looks. Mine has been gigged, but is in good shape. Take your time and just keep looking. Thats my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
              Very nice. Does it have a 3 piece maple neck, too? My 78 standard does.
              It has a 3 piece mahogany neck. That's one of the "slips" they let go on this run. The 3 piece part...

I use to have a Standard and a Custom that had maple necks. I dig those too..
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

It has a 3 piece mahogany neck. That's one of the "slips" they let go on this run. The 3 piece part...

I use to have a Standard and a Custom that had maple necks. I dig those too..
                IMO there is nothing better than a 3 piece maple neck. The guitars I have with 3 piece maple necks are by far the most stable. They seem to stay in tune better, and withstand changes in temp. and humidity better than mahogany necks, and even 1 piece maple necks. I assume a 3 piece mahogany neck is somewhere up there too. it's the opposing grain direction that help stabilize the wood.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
                  Shibs that the 2nd time in 2 days you have let it "slip" that you have gear for sale. You know better by now, you were told last time as well. The worst part is that it's not even the same item you trying to sell this time. Your bio says you own a music store, if that's the case and you want to sell gear here, become a sponsor. Stop trying to be slick about it.
                  Sorry, I made a mistake.... I forget that I can't even mention my own used stuff. Maybe what I should have done is put it on eBay and then ask a friend to put a link on this forum to it, I constantly see links to eBay sales on this forum would that be legal?
                  Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Are we looking for standarts or also customs? I really liked the GIbson Les Paul Custom 68 historic collection custom shop aged (I hope that was all in order) I tested a while ago. That was on of the best guitars I ever put my hands on. You might want to try and consider on of those too.
                    "Don't mess with the Pudel of Death!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shibs View Post
                      Sorry, I made a mistake.... I forget that I can't even mention my own used stuff. Maybe what I should have done is put it on eBay and then ask a friend to put a link on this forum to it, I constantly see links to eBay sales on this forum would that be legal?
                      No, don't even bother. The ebay forum is for posting unusual, interesting, or funny ebay items that are happened across randomly. They are not for you to sell your junk. The fact that you say you'll ask your friend to do it for you shows how you blatantly disregard the rules, and try to skirt them.

The proper place to sell your gear around here, is the classifieds forum.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                        IMO there is nothing better than a 3 piece maple neck. The guitars I have with 3 piece maple necks are by far the most stable. They seem to stay in tune better, and withstand changes in temp. and humidity better than mahogany necks, and even 1 piece maple necks. I assume a 3 piece mahogany neck is somewhere up there too. it's the opposing grain direction that help stabilize the wood.
                        I agree and so did Gibson, at least for a while. The LP purists said it was wrong to do 3 piece necks and was really wrong to do maple necks. Gibson was just doing what it had done on it's Jazz Boxes for years, multiple piece necks. The Jazz guys think it's way more stable. So they did it to the "rock" guitars, much to the displeasure of a small but very vocal minority...
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I agree and so did Gibson, at least for a while. The LP purists said it was wrong to do 3 piece necks and was really wrong to do maple necks. Gibson was just doing what it had done on it's Jazz Boxes for years, multiple piece necks. The Jazz guys think it's way more stable. So they did it to the "rock" guitars, much to the displeasure of a small but very vocal minority...
                          I'm sure there is a slight tonal difference between a mahogany versus maple neck, but I think it's a small sacrifice for the huge difference in stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibs View Post
                            That's an excellent idea. What a truly novel and unique approach to circumvent the rules. If I had to guess, I'd say that no more than 50-60 people have tried that before - I bet that will work great for you since you are so clever.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                            X