Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for Customs SUCKS! Whats your longest wait?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for Customs SUCKS! Whats your longest wait?!?

I placed an order with a Luthier a while back. He is taking an Ibanez body (2620, cubed pewter with the edge pro bridge) and doing up my "dream neck"

- 1 11/16 nut
    - Peavey Wolfgang asymetrical profile
    - Maple on Maple
    - Custom matching pyramid shellac inlays
    - 5 Piece
    - Graphite stabilizing rods
    - Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets

IT's nothing spectacular, but after owning all these guitars, I think it is my ideal setup.

He's been busy and said he would be working on my neck in the second week of November, but as of yet, I dont think he has even cut the blank, which sucks, but it's the name of the game.

Ive heard some horror stories, whats the longest you've ever had to wait for your dream axe?!?

I have a Custom and the wait right now is 2 years 1 month.... and counting.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

From when I first discussed it with Matt, it took 22 months for my ninja Turtles to arrive...but I'd wanted it for 19 years, so hey, what's another 2?!!
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

5 months for my McNaught

Comment

17 years for my mini bich, but I put it up for 12 years.
          And, I work on customer guitars before I work on my own.

Comment

A year and waiting for my custom Kelly from a local luthier. It's just about ready for finishing though.

Comment

11 months for my Ran. And that was more than enough, I don't know how you guys have the patience to wait two+ years! I know, what can you do but wait, but still! I'd go mental.
              -Janne

Comment

I've been waiting since late September for my Carvin and it's coming next week and that STILL feels like forever, haha...

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
                  I've been waiting since late September for my Carvin and it's coming next week and that STILL feels like forever, haha...

Oh poor you having to wait over 2 months.:ROTF: :ROTF:
                  Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Will be 2 years in January...and had to go back for a re-paint of the PUPS..so looking at a few more months I would guess

Comment

I waited a little over two years for my Callaham..but it was worth it...

Comment

Couple months for a Warmoth neck that is coming Wednesday

Comment

18 and 19 months for me.
                          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Just under 28 months. It's a good thing I had a few other guitars to play in the mean time.

Comment

like 2 months, I am having a body painted to go with a spare neck I have, should be good when its all done
                              Out Of Ideas

Comment

Working...
                              X