Clone #011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clone #011

This was built by our very own JCF member Xssive (Mike) at http://www.cloneguitars.com/. I got it from JCF member scottd23 in a trade.

This is Clone #011, it is a 2-piece alder body with black paint done by Marty Bell. It has a killer birdseye maple/maple neck that is a nice C-shape. The nut is 1 11/16", it has 6100 jumbo frets, a 12" radius, and Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Warren D. Martini RTM cream/black pickup. Chrome hardware, non-recessed OFR, Gotoh tuners, single volume knob, football jack plate. This is the only Clone guitar built with matching headstock and Silver Clone logo.

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

That's hot!
    How much are these?

Comment

Looks great!
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Very classy! nice grab..

Comment

Look great
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

What's the deal with Clone guitars? I looked at that website. Are some of those real Charvels or does he build actual clones with logo and all?
            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Clone guitars are built my Mike, and by all accounts he does a great job!

The Charvels on his site are Charvels, the Clones are logo'd as Clones. He doesn't make fake Charvels and then try to pass them off as the real thing....
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

the amount of birdseye on that neck is crazy, i never got any shots that did it any justice when i had it...just a few when it was off the guitar now that i think of it. it was one of the best hunks of birdseye i've had...the other one is on my bench in 21 fret form hehehe.

anyway, to clear things up my site is just of my personal collection of guitars...hence the mix of my Clone brand and my Charvels and Gibsons and such. the brand name "Clone Guitars" started as a bit of a joke since everyone was saying i made a good Charvel clone...so i just designed a logo that said "Clone" in a Charvel esq way to pay homage to my favorite guitars and built all my guitars for myself and others under that name. Clones are marked all over on the headstocks on the heels of the necks on the bodies and in cavities so they can NEVER be passed off as real Charvels, since that was NOT my intent. just like several of the great builders like John Suhr started off building strat copies with other peoples parts and other peoples headstocks i had to start somewhere to build my chops so to speak.

also i should note i am NOT taking any orders for guitars now and am not sure if i'll get back into it either. i've done quite a few of these (the ones on my site are my personal ones, custom ordered ones are not pictured) and am getting a bit burnt and need some time away from it.

*edit*

here are the pics i have of the neck from #011 that show the birdseye....

-Mike
                Last edited by XSSIVE; 12-09-2007, 07:21 PM.
                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Hey Mike, thanks for the background. It sure looks like you do great work.
                  Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                  www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Outstanding work.
                    I can understand the burnout factor.
                    Just do what you love, and all else will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman View Post
                      That's hot!
                      How much are these?
                      I'm not sure, I got mine in a trade. This is one of the best guitars I have ever owned.
                      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post

also i should note i am NOT taking any orders for guitars now and am not sure if i'll get back into it either. i've done quite a few of these (the ones on my site are my personal ones, custom ordered ones are not pictured) and am getting a bit burnt and need some time away from it.

holy crap, do i know how THAT feels. from the pix i've seen, you do nice work, mike. and you take excellent pictures of them as well.

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                        X