A Meeting of Celeb Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Meeting of Celeb Guitars

I was doing some work on the Marc Ferrari (Keel) Camo (as seen in the famous Charvel ad) for a friend who will be sitting in with my band this Friday. It came to me taken apart and I just completed building it and getting it back into "game shape" yesterday. I can't stress how great of a piece this thing is...plays and sounds absolutely fantastic. The Performance neck (Marc replaced the Strathead neck back in the Keel days) is simply incredible. I thought it would be cool to get a few shots of it posing with my Vivian Campbell Rand. Here you go:

I always liked that paint scheme on the Ferrari Charvel. Very recognizable...

Same with the Campbell Rand....

Cool shot. It's sweet you get to hang with a "famous" guitar!!!
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

When did viv ever play that? dio was charvels..whitesnake was nightswans....def leppard he seems to be using far more traditional guitars...??

Comment

Don't forget the BC Riches

Comment

Watch the "Is This Love" video. He didn't start playing Nightswans until half way through the Whitesnake tour. He played two Rands and a Buddy Blaze guitar prior to signing with Kramer.

Comment

Wow, I just noticed that Ferrari put a Kahler on a Floyd equiped guitar...

That's gotta burn some asses around here...

Rupe,
            What's the picture on the top horn? Looks like my 3rd grade school picture...

Comment

Cool pics BUT.....worst camo job EVARRRRRRRRRR.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

yeah the camo is sooooo gay that it just swings back round and becomes kinda cool again

and bengal...the neck is a replacement. it was originally a charvie. it also looks like one of the knobs is added as they're not in line properly. i guess the midle one

Comment

great pics Rupe
                  www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                  My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Very cool pics and I just love that Rand! I remember the first time I saw it in the Whitesnake video and it blew me away. Very cool!
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                      yeah the camo is sooooo gay that it just swings back round and becomes kinda cool again

and bengal...the neck is a replacement. it was originally a charvie. it also looks like one of the knobs is added as they're not in line properly. i guess the midle one
                      OK... I don't know why you addressed that to me. I think in my first post in this thread I said it was a Charvel. I did read the post. I see that it's a Performance neck on a Charvel body. I'm quite familiar with that guitar. Been looking at it in magazines since the mid '80's...

EDIT: Was it the Kahler comment? Look at the routing, you'll see what I'm talking about. You can still see the holes for the Floyd studs...
                      Last edited by Bengal; 12-11-2007, 08:56 PM.

Comment

man, davey badseed hasn't been around here in a long time. too bad. tell him i said hi, rupe!

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                          Cool pics BUT.....worst camo job EVARRRRRRRRRR.
                          Put down the crack pipe. The COW camo that Jackson is doing nowadays is much worse! I've always kinda dug the Marc Ferrari guitar.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Love that Rand man! Do you happen to know where the Rand that Vivian used in the two whitesnake videos may be? I'm curious as to who has it now.

Comment

HOLY CROW!! Why the Kahler on a Floyd routed guitar?Thats a first for me.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X