Someone talk me out of buying the Mustaine VMNT Gears of War Dean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
    Besides, having the same gear as someone will not make you sound like them. Trust me.
    That was my point. You can expect to get somewhere close to someone's sound with their signature gear, but buying something to try and emulate them will never work, partially because the artist didn't use the gear they're promoting now, when they made their classic works.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yeah, Dave Mustaine wrote an amazing classic album called Rust In Piece...on a Jackson!!!! What does that tell you?

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
        Yeah, Dave Mustaine wrote an amazing classic album called Rust In Piece...on a Jackson!!!! What does that tell you?
        Yeah, let's see if he comes up with anything that good with his Dean.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

OK i'm not a San Dimas snob or anything, and I AM a huge Mustaine fan (seen him twice), but I play a SD King V and have to ask...did DM really bring anything to the table with the KV1? Didn't he pretty much have that pointy V design handed to him on a silver platter?

EDIT: Christina Scabbia is HOT too. I saw her open for Type O, and was totally impressed. She was wearing a wifebeater and sang her heart out in a small club that was about 100 degrees. She was covered in sweat, but was pitch-perfect and mesmerizing.
          Last edited by Axewielder; 12-14-2007, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Wow thanks! I love that angel of death gutiar...
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

No problem. I dig the angel of death, too.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                Wow thanks! I love that angel of death gutiar...
                The body looks great but the inlays with dots and upside down sharks looks weird. Still a cool guitar.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

the angel V is a cool ass guitar.

the real point in this is who give a rats ass what, where, when they played what. if you want it, get it. don't need an excuse, or a reason. i learned this when i bought my first Air Jordon's. i still could not pack the ball from the top of the key! but they felt great. enjoy
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Christina is way too sexy. I was up front watching them at Ozzfest, and I couldn't peel my eyes off her jeans.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I haven't played the Dean, but I think it looks pretty good.

I also must say that I really dig the current Megadeth album. One of the best releases this year.
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                        Ah well fair enough - I know he's a twat, I've read enough interviews of his over the years and I also dont like the fact he got rid of Ellefson and pretended his hand was injured to make that process easier.
                        His guitar playing and writing skills cant be questioned though. I think his talk about woods and stuff was just waffle to make Dean sound good. I did wonder about it when he said it, because my SL3 has a great natural finish, so I KNOW Jackson can do it on a mid range guitar never mind something Mustaine would be getting. He's just talking shit to sell Dean and earn his free guitars.

But he wrote "Tornado Of Souls". I'm willing to forgive him near enough anything - even that Christian guff on "the System has Failed".
                        I love their music, but I have a hard time accepting the way Dave Mustaine treats people. In particular, I really don't like how he seems to talk bad about every former member of the band, like when he says that Pitrelli was a drunk or Ellefson only wanted to play the songs he co-wrote. He should show those guys some respect, they were part of Megadeth's success too. The anger is strong in this one

Regarding the lyrics, I have an easier time ignoring the religious parts than the attack on the United Nations on UA. Boy, that just ruins an otherwise good song for me. I usually don't care about the lyrics at all, but in this case...

On the Megadeth forum, some people were discussing United Abominations and were discussing some of the claims in and insinutations of that song. Mustaine himself wrote a long rant and then locked the thread, first writing that he liked how the song made people discuss the issues and then basically said that it didn't matter that the facts were wrong. A similar thread in the anarchy section (which is usally not moderated at all) was flat out deleted. The guys is just such a hypocrite. If you spew accusations left and right, you should be expect people to answer back.

Yet Megadeth is still one of my favorite bands...

Regards,
                        Mads

Comment

I played one at Guitar Center it was the best Dean I have played, but the neck felt kinda thick about like a Gibson V's neck. I didn't plug it in so I can't say how the Live Wires sound.

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
                            I played one at Guitar Center it was the best Dean I have played, but the neck felt kinda thick about like a Gibson V's neck. I didn't plug it in so I can't say how the Live Wires sound.

Thats good info, thanks a lot. Neck thickness was my main concern from the the pictures of the backs of the VMNT's they look both wide and thick. It'll be an assload of money to import sight-unseen too.

I might still try VMNT X since they are supposed to have a "C mustaine neck profile" according to guitar center's website.

All the other VMNTs are listed as a "D mustaine neck profile".

Comment

Don't buy it because:

Deans imports suck ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat View Post
                                Don't buy it because:

Deans imports suck ass.
                                Some do, but not all. Hell, some jackson imports suck too.
                                I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X