No announcement yet.

7 Strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want a new ESP 7-string, they make two readily available LTD versions, the SC-607 and Viper-407. The SC-607 comes in both 25.5" and 27" scales (the SC-607B), and is a pretty nice neckthru superstrat instrument for the money. The Viper-407 uses the SG-like Viper body and is neck-heavy as hell. Between those two, I would go for the SC-607, which incidentally is a much nicer instrument than the old H-207, H-307, or M-307. The original series of LTD 7-strings had terrible quality control in my experience.

Of course, you could always get a custom shop ESP 7-string if you have the big bucks to spend.

Comment

There is also ESP forest std - s7 , M-II sl7 , viper baritone 7 and of course stephen carpenter signature models.

Comment

Originally posted by demeyes View Post
        Jesus, I've never seen Andy James before. Its pretty amazing stuff. Now I'm going to have to try and learn some of that tapping stuff.
        you should check out his CD, it's one of the better instrumental shred CD's I've heard in a long time.

He's got an instructional out that is entirely on tapping. (I have this, it's very good)

he's actually got a bunch of instructionals out
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
          I'd guess it will have a 25.5" scale. If it has a 27", I'll have an excuse to buy one. Thanks for the info.
          It appears now to be 25.5" scale, reverse headstock, reverse fin inlays, DiMarzio D-Activators stock, Gibraltar Custom 7 bridge, mahogany body, maple/walnut neck with rosewod board.

Last edited by jim777; 12-19-2007, 11:22 AM.
          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
            Carvin
            +1

Carvin DC747C is the sweetest 7 I've ever had. (I've had Ibanez RG7640/RG7641, Jackson DR7, Washburn WG587, etc...)

Comment

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
              It appears now to be 25.5" scale, reverse headstock, reverse fin inlays, DiMarzio D-Activators stock, Gibraltar Custom 7 bridge, mahogany body, maple/walnut neck with rosewod board.
              Thanks for the info. The guitar has appeared on Thomann's website, the German online retailer, but it doesn't mention the scale there. They also say it has black chrome hardware, but looks like plain chrome to me. I think I'll stick with my original plan and get an RG7EXFX2.

Comment

The Carvin 727 is pretty sweet as well
                Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                X