1986 Japanese Strat, E serial...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Japanese Strat, E serial...

I'm being offered this as a possible trade for a 1986 Kramer Stagemaster which is pretty clean (i.e top of the range of the Kramer guitars)

Do these have a good reputation, and is it a worthy trade you think? I'd play the guitar beforehand but I figured I'd ask anyway. I'm indeed looking for a Strat.

MIJ fender's are simply great guitars. They are as good as USA ones you can count on that. But it is the first time that i see a strat with a kahler. It looks mint , try it out and buy it if you like. But i am not a kramer guru and dont know much about kramers. All i can say that guitar is a nice one.

Comment

its a kahler with no locking nut. kinda odd :S maybe the bridge is a later addition (a well fitted one by the looks of it)...perhaps the owner preffered the fell of kahler bridges.
      the strat looks in damn good shape !!

Comment

Bridge was definitely added. Looks like a clean job, though. I'd get a locking nut on it, though.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Well I for one wouldn't trade a stagemaster for a modded E series Japanese strat.The Jap strats are very nice don't get me wrong and they are just as good as the USA stuff now. You can pickup a very clean E series strat that is original for $300 if you look hard enough.
          That one is clean but worth anything after the mod no.
          I would put a locking nut on it tho'.
          The trade would not be in your best intrest IMO because if you were to try and sell the strat you might get $150.00.
          The Jap strat collectors are brutal they have to be original.Its OK if they are beat up and have tons of player wear just as long as original.
          Last edited by straycat; 12-16-2007, 02:19 PM.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Me neither. Did you check ebay? Those Kramers are pricey guitars. Yours is stock. Strats are a dime a dozen stock.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Thank you fett.
              The Kramer is worth way more than the strat.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I did check ebay but didn't see any Stageys on there... even in completed auctions. I suggested the guy trade + 100 euros but I guess I was totally off...He seems to really like this guitar so I doubt I'd get more though. We'll see.

Comment

Keep the Stagemaster!!!

Comment

That's a nice looking guitar, but it does look like the colour of teeth...Well, my teeth anyway.
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Damn that strat looks nice.. but the bridge kinda ruins it.. although it's probably better than the stock trem.
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Kahler added later. Double graphite string trees added means it has trouble staying in tune...means unplayable.

Kinda reminds me of Heather Mills.....a pretty girl you can't go jogging with.
                        Strat God Music
                        http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

No those string trees are the butterfly types, stock. They look graphite because the main bit is black.

The guy is very nice and cool to talk to. He suggested strat + 250 for the Kramer or 600 euros, both of which I'm quite happy with I'll play the Strat if he decided to offer it for trade (isn't entirely sure about it) and decide from there.

I'm good at making trems stay in tune, and I don't actually use them so... hehe...

Comment

I see you are in Europe. I live in the US and I would not do the deal. Japan Strats and USA Strats are worth half as much as that Kramer. Your situation is different. If it works for you, go for it.
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Yeah here's a bit different. The guitar is worth close to 400 euros here basically. But I'm not unhappy with the deals he suggested. It'll depend on whether we like each other's guitars and whether he choses to go for the trade or not

250 euros will also mean I have only 400 to go for a Classic Custom strat Which is also what I want hehe...

I want a Strat BAD and as much as I LOVE the Kramer, I haven't had it long enough to miss it too much once it's gone. There's nothing a Strat can't do!

Comment

Working...
                              X